16kmh max speed from 1000w motor!

Dominic Coleman

Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Can anyone help? 16kmh max speed from 1000w motor! I have a Hailong-3 48V 11.6Ah connected to a KT-lcd3 display and 1000w motor not pas, no controller, throttle only. Using the menus I am unable to change the max speed from 16kmh. Is there a way to overcome this?

Stradaman

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2018
North West
Not sure about the mechanics but my brother has the same display on his custom ebike and theres a lot you can change in the settings. Have a look a the following video

Hope this helps.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Dominic Coleman

Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Not sure about the mechanics but my brother has the same display on his custom ebike and theres a lot you can change in the settings. Have a look a the following video

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I've seen all the videos but still 6can't change speed!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Mine came set to 72 km/h from the factory. Both of them...

• Informative

Dominic Coleman

Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yes, I can change wheel size. Smaller wheel=more speed. Would prefer to change speed limit to keep correct display info. I tried change the C4 menu settings but still couldn't change max speed! Very frustrated!

• Agree

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
It sounds like it has been speed limited somehow in the software, poss. because it's for wheelchair use. If the company can't/won't help, you may need to replace the controller with one for an ebike.

• Agree

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Some KT controllers have a speed link wire connected to restrict any overspeed so first off show us some pics of the wiring, incidentally a pair of single white wires connected.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I had a quick look at the owners manual for the kit and it looks like it has 5 set throttle speed settings using the LCD as we would use for PAS.

Dominic Coleman

Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Some KT controllers have a speed link wire connected to restrict any overspeed so first off show us some pics of the wiring, incidentally a pair of single white wires connected.
There is no controller. All cables from display, throttle, reverse, light go to battery/motor! I tried factory reset C10 but no change! Will post pics asap. Cheers.

Dominic Coleman

Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
As you will see from video, no controller box on 2 cables from display. All cables go to a connector then to battery and motor.
Any suggestions welcome!