Woosh 250W 85SX Rear Hub Kit with 13AH Battery

hjd10

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 17, 2020
Quick update, the 36V hub kit has arrived and I've fitted it all to a white touring bike which I'm using to commute. Initially, I had a connection issue as it was displaying fault code 30 (there was a bent pin on the controller/main wiring loom, Woosh were quick to reply to my questions and I'm glad I purchased from them).
Additionally, I've made the setup internal wiring, the frame on the bike doesn't owe me anything as it was really cheap therefore I'm happy to take a risk. I know its not ideal drilling holes into frames however I couldn't do with the wiring lash up on the outside of the frame.

Thoughts/info so far.
1 I've managed 50 miles already with charge still left in the battery this a mix of max assistance and a few very steep hills.
2 It doesn't feel quite the same as the 48v kit I had on the bike before, the top end was higher with that and I guess the mileage will be slightly reduced on this one.
3. The pedal assist is much nicer to use than a throttle assist. I've lashed up a hollowtech setup as the magnetic wheel wouldn't attach to the crankset with the bolts, Araldite has sorted it for now! (The aircraft techie in me doesn't feel happy but we'll see how it goes).
4. The Woosh kits look much better on the bike with the controller in the battery base, it feels like a sorted setup.
5 The factory wheel isn't the straightest I've seen, I really thought factory-built wheels were getting much better. I'll tackle this soon as I'll probably swop the wheel with the one from the other kit (Same hub different rim and spokes, but they will match the existing front wheel).
6 I feel for what it is the setup is very good and for the money, I don't think there was a better way to add electric to the bike. The fact that spares are easy to get and not expensive is another plus.

Cheers

Howie