3-in1 lithium grease

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Has any one tried Aldi’s lithium grease made by 3-1 ?
I was thinking of coating my chain in it after degreasing as my last thought was wax but decided against that.
Bob

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Grease will be a magnet for all the junk and dirt around.
Liquid grease would be better and cheaper option then the snake oil stuff all sundry sell just for the sake of lubing a chain.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I myself use Full Synthetic motor oil, and it seems to work well, as I have basically not noticed any difference to expensive chain lubricants....
The oil is expensive if you are buying and using liters of the stuff, but due to the small amounts needed for a chain, it still works out cheap!
I have been using Full Synthetic in my car engines since the later 80's, and a lot of progress has been made with it, I have been very happy with it in all my engines, in about 8 cars, both private and company.
So as the oil suffers extremes of heat and pressure in engines, quite happily, a bike chain is really no problem for it! :) :)
I use Long Life 3 usually. There is a later version, often needed by BMW Engines, but I have myself never used it.....
VW Diesel Engines, which "decide" when the oil needs changing, with my driving style allow around 30,000KMs, between oil changes, which works out cheaper than using mineral oils!
But each to his own!
Some friends of mine buy really expensive chain lubricant, as if it did not cost a lot, they would never buy it, and some even "brag" about how good their lube is......because its expensive!
Regards to all
Andy
PS. I have never used the Aldi grease myself, so I do not have a clue as to how good or bad it really is, sorry!

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Grease will be a magnet for all the junk and dirt around.
Liquid grease would be better and cheaper option then the snake oil stuff all sundry sell just for the sake of lubing a chain.
Apparently neil it dries up and doesn’t form a greasy mess. I was going to try wax but one bloke says it’s noisy, so I thought I’d give it a miss.
I’m looking at anything that stops the oil picking up every bit of crud going.

Tarka

Pedelecer
Jan 29, 2019
I've been using Wynns Clear Lube with success, doesn't pick up dirt and repels water very well. It's also handy around the home as well.

Reactions: Bobajob