3000 trouble free miles

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
You don't have to worry about one unless you have a Bosch CX motor.
mine is the performance motor but never heard of pcb parts wearing out lol it either works or its blown ;)

tho you can see inside chips with one of these x ray machines but they are 150k

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25121

After my experience I have to assume they do. I think it is called a judgment call before parting with your money. Perhaps your views would be more lenient, each to his own.
Eh? I was asking a question, not expressing an opinion.
As for my opinion, I believe your view on Shimano is similar to taking a Ford car for a test drive, having problems when the engine keeps cutting out and saying that all Fords are bad buys.

Last edited:

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Eh? I was asking an question, not expressing an opinion.
As for my opinion, I believe your view on Shimano is similar to taking a Ford car for a test drive, having problems when the engine keeps cutting out and saying that all Fords are bad buys.
I have to agree as from my experience my shimano e8000 has been faultless so far with over 2k in 6 months on and off road
I've had previously 3 Bosch cx motors and they were not bad but I would stick with shimano in comparison both in functionality and freedom to update software and tweak settings which Bosch have no interest in letting the end user do

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can update Bosch motors if you have the £350 kiox display :oops: but you still can not buy one unless on a new bike which sucks ass.

if you damage one/crash only option is via the dealer you got the bike from :eek:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ebiker99

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
Eh? I was asking a question, not expressing an opinion.
You asked if all Shimano motors behaved like the Merida ones and I replied that in my opinion they do. That seems like an answer to your question. As for your opinion, yes you are correct. If anything that I test has problems then it is a bad buy.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
2000 miles this year on the Canyon Spectral-On, shimano motor not an ounce of problems either.
4000 on the Haibike with yammy motor and although I had a friday build bike, replaced the motor, battery and display withing 6 months of owing, that is also still going well, no problems no issues.

Reactions: Tom Rae

Related Articles

Advertisers