302 miles in 4 days

shep

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
My Kalkhoff Aggatu arrived on Thursday, so i built it up on Thursday night and i had a long weekend already booked.

I live in Hampshire so i got my Goldeneye cycle map out and i have done 302 miles over the last 4 days !!!!! In medium and low power settings i can get 70 to 80 miles out of the 18ah battery.

I now have legs like Lance Armstrong !!!!!! love this bike

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hi you must be very pleased my friend,are there any problems that you have noticed ,or is she sweet to run,have fun my friend ,very best wishes Brian.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's over 27,000 miles a year rate, about three times the average annual mileage of male car drivers!

Best start saving for a new one for when that's worn out!

Seriously, great to hear of someone enjoying their e-bike so much, the Agattu is truly a special bike.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
That's quite some distance even on a pedelec, if you aren't used to riding your legs will probably turn to jelly soon. It's all normal.

shep

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
Flecc

I agree this is a really great bike. I have a Tonaro Bighit which is also a great bike, but if i had to choose just one it would be the Agattu. Such a fabulous build quality and also very, very comfortable.

I have an idea going through my head at the moment that simply will not let go. My Parents live for most of the year in the Pelopenese in Southern mainland Greece close to Sparta. Next year, i will be 50 years old . I have always wanted to do a really big trip.

My thoughts are to take the Aggatu from London to Athens across the Alps and then Croatia, Montengro and Albania. It is about 2500 miles in total. I have done this trip 3 times now on my motorcycle, but i just have this big urge to cycle it. I think the Aggatu would be perfect for a big trip like this.

shep

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
Mussels

No, i am pretty fit and i eat well, i have a much younger wife who is also a Nike Aerobics Instructor, so i have no choice !!!!!! she would give Lance Armstrong a run for his money up Alpe D,huez, she thumps me every time when a big hill arrives !!!!. Today i only have a few aches, very minor really which surprised me.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My thoughts are to take the Aggatu from London to Athens across the Alps and then Croatia, Montengro and Albania. It is about 2500 miles in total. I have done this trip 3 times now on my motorcycle, but i just have this big urge to cycle it. I think the Aggatu would be perfect for a big trip like this.
I agree, the Agattu has exactly the toughness and comfort for such a trip. Obviously you'd need to have some plans for nightly charging en route.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Flecc

I agree this is a really great bike. I have a Tonaro Bighit which is also a great bike, but if i had to choose just one it would be the Agattu. Such a fabulous build quality and also very, very comfortable.

I have an idea going through my head at the moment that simply will not let go. My Parents live for most of the year in the Pelopenese in Southern mainland Greece close to Sparta. Next year, i will be 50 years old . I have always wanted to do a really big trip.

Hi Shep

Dont let go.......go with the urge ....what a fantastic trip that will be.
Have done it a couple of times by car....many years ago.... but BIKE......take my hat off to you
I am already looking forward to your blog about it :)

Hope you enjoy the planning , then LOVE the trip, I am sure you will.

Good luck

Lynda :)

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
I thought my 98 miles in a week was a lot blumin eck lol Well done :)

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
My Kalkhoff Aggatu arrived on Thursday, so i built it up on Thursday night and i had a long weekend already booked.

I live in Hampshire so i got my Goldeneye cycle map out and i have done 302 miles over the last 4 days !!!!! In medium and low power settings i can get 70 to 80 miles out of the 18ah battery.

I now have legs like Lance Armstrong !!!!!! love this bike
Nice one shep. I'll look out for you through the Hampshire lanes. I've sent you a PM related to the details of your bike and usage. Don't want to spoil this thread with a comma seperated spreadsheet dump!

Apr 19, 2011
Flecc

Flecc. Now this is a proper e-bike ride! Would the loan of a 56cm Haibike Trekking help you make the leep?

Rgds,

James

PS if any other Pedelec members are planning a 'Grand Tour' of this ilk, the same offer applies.

Last edited:

Oiseaux

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2011
La roche Posay, Vienne, France
Flecc. Now this is a proper e-bike ride! Would the loan of a 56cm Haibike Trekking help you make the leep?

Rgds,

James

PS if any other Pedelec members are planning a 'Grand Tour' of this ilk, the same offer applies.
Yes please, I have this 'dream' of doing a two three month electric bike ride round France where I now live, hitherto it has not happened due to living in an area with not many electric bikes shops and renovating a house which has prevented me from travelling further afield to try out. But tomorrow I stop the renovations and so I have no more excuses.