350W rear hub motor 36v battery S866 controller Cliensy folding ebike

Nickc3141

Just Joined
Apr 8, 2020
i was wondering if anyone knows what to input in the parameters of the LCD controller to one set it all back to factory. An 2 to improve its performance and possibly go faster or further.

Spinnanz

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2019
Mine draws around 10a at 30kph. If I back my speed down to 20kph the current draw is near half, therfore doubling my range.

That controller is supposed to current limit, however I've never been able to get it to work.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Mine draws around 10a at 30kph. If I back my speed down to 20kph the current draw is near half, therfore doubling my range.

That controller is supposed to current limit, however I've never been able to get it to work.
It sounds like it does limit current as you say at 20kph the current is near half, you may not be able to adjust it via the display but it does via internal programming.
The controller uses current control.

Spinnanz

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2019
The current draw will drop when maintaining a lower speed due to wind resistance. The lower the speed, the less wind resistance, hence the lower currant draw.

Wind resistance isn't liner, if you want to go say 20% faster, you will get MORE than a 20% increase in wind resistance, so the current required will also be more than 20% higher. This why if I want to increase my speed from 20kph to 30kph (33% faster) my current has to increase by 50%.

Last edited: