3E Electric Urban Unisex bike for sale now £375

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
Last bike I'll have for sale for a while, just clearing down my backlog, all cleaned up, pedals, seat and rack replaced, battery charged and tested with a brand new charger now and new mudguards. (new charger on last picture on rack, hell I'll even throw in the bungee cords!)

IMG_3826.JPG IMG_3827.JPG IMG_3828.JPG IMG_3829.JPG IMG_3830.JPG

Its a 3Eelectric Urban as per their spec but upgraded to the high capacity battery (18Ah).

Throttle and pedal assist, rear 8fun motor, and 7 speed shimano SIS push button gears. Spec as below:

Frame 6061 Aluminium Alloy
Wheels 26"
Tyres KENDA 26" x 1.75"
Rims Double Wall Alloy
Chain Wheel 42 Teeth
Chain KMC Stainless Steel
Handle BarZoom Adjustable
Saddle Plush
Gears 7 Speed Shimano 14-16-18-20-22-24-28 Teeth
Bike Stand Adjustable Bike Stand
Battery Lithium-Ion 36V 18Ah From LISHEN, 360Wh Capacity
Motor 8fun 250W High Torque Brushless Hub Motor
Charging Time 4-6 Hours

For a quick sale I've reduced it to £375, very good condition, a few storage marks but practically as new. Welcome to test, worth it for the wheel, controller and the very large battery. Collection from Bradford, West Yorkshire.

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
We'll I'm 5' 11 and the height is good for me, you're only up the road from me if you want to come and have a look. PM me if you want to.

ps I'll measure the frame tonight.

EDIT from the brochure Frame is listed as 18” (430mm) 6061Aluminium Alloy

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
Spoke too soon, looks like he may have a fault, hopefully I'll sort it tomorrow. Power goes off after a while of riding but battery still showing all lights, so could be a connection. Just frustrating as I tested this bike thoroughly.

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
Looks like its a battery issue, didn't present itself until under a heavy load, so just dismantling now. BMS or duff cell. Gave Mark a full refund but he's still interested if I can repair it.

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
I've been looking at the battery today, looks like the cells weren't balanced and one cell was quite a way out. So the slow job of manually balancing the pack has started!

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
only 2 more cells to go then Ill do some discharge testing, it looks like two of the cells weren't being charged by the BMS, so always stayed low when all the others were fully charged. Hopefully should recover ok.

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
All the cells charged up to 4.2v solidly, going to do some miles on the bike tonight and discharge the battery before letting this bike go!

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
All good in da hood!

Did a couple of miles on it last night, off charger voltage 42v, 41.7v when I returned, checked all the cells, all in balance.
So going to see Mark this week to re-do the deal at a reduced price considering I've had to open and fix the battery. Plus ordered a better charger (Sans) as the one I'd ordered from ebay (think a few of you may have recommended them) shut off far too early.

Just to compare, this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CE-approved-electric-bike-lithium-battery-charger-36v-2-0A-or-24v-2-0A-UK-Plug-/131111562281?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&var=&hash=item1e86dbac29 shuts off after 2 hours of charging. And after checking some of the cells were slightly lower than the rest.

3 hours on my Sans charger for a full charge and all cells were up at 4.2v solidly across the board.

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
Well dropped off the repaired bike with Mark. Fingers crossed I've sorted it. Hope he gets the ebike bug, I feel he may need something with a bit more torque at a later date judging by the hill he lives on!

Mark Barraclough

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 9, 2014
Halifax, West Yorkshire
WELL YOU SEE THE HILL IN THE DISTANCE BEHIND ME, THE ONE ON THE LEFT.......that is where i work, and THAT is why i decided on a ebike, although to be fair a couple of short but very steep ones (60 - 75%) I'm going to push it up.

Reactions: pdarnett