500w Bafang mid drive installed! Watt meter anyone?

simon_lipari

Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2014
Hi everyone, and thanks for all the help and suggestions in my last thread. The motor is installed and I've been so busy riding I haven't posted until now.
The 20" wheeler takes me up some insane hills at ridiculous speeds, and like some of you mentioned, it's almost on the back wheel. I haven't changed the freewheel to the 11-30 yet, still waiting for a new derailleur(and balloon tires!), but the 14-28 gets me going up to over 30 km/h. It's like an electric moped, lol.
I built an attachment for the battery out of wood, and used big hose clamps to fix it. Gonna paint it black(!) At first I had the battery in the back but the bike was too heavy back there already.
The guy at Wooshbikes said to charge after 20+ miles, so I need a watt meter (can anyone recommend a suitable one for this setup?), since I do mostly the 6km climbs from town, and need to know how much battery I use each day.

Here's some pictures

bike1.jpg bike2.jpg

Reactions: trex

Topdonkey

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
If you upgrade your display to the C965 i believe that is has a watt meter built in, so no extra displays or wiring to install

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
If you upgrade your display to the C965 i believe that is has a watt meter built in, so no extra displays or wiring to install
Unfortunately I think the 965 is the same as the 963, and only gives instantaneous power consumption rather than total watt hours consumed. So it's fine for knowing how much power the motor is putting out but not for assessing how much energy has been taken out of the battery.

Michael

Advertisers