80cc motorized Bike kit

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
No, your bike becomes an unregistered, uninsured moped in the eyes of the law. Its gonna sound like a swarm of angry bees and draw attention everywhere too.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Also:

Don’t Even Think About Buying Some Under Powered,
Over-Priced Electric Bike That Will
Leave You Stranded!!

Most people tend to think that electric bikes are economic, eco-friendly alternatives to the petrol-powered bike—but nothing could be further from the truth!! In fact, electric bikes should literally be BANNED because they pose true dangers to their owners!

Learn The Truth About Electric Bikes—Get Your FREE Copy of Top 5 Reasons To Ban Electric Bikes Today!!

Subscribe Here :
Email:
Name:

Subscribe to our news letter and receive the latest up to date information, special offers, tips & tricks and much much more direct to your inbox.

Transformer Cycles will never share your email address with any third party, and you may remove your self from our mailing list at your convenience.

Transformer Cycles "SAYS NO TO SPAM".
and further down:

Don’t Waste Your Money on Electric Bike “Wannabe’s”!

We know there are loads of sites out there selling electric bicycles—but don’t waste your money on these “under-powered” bikes because they will only leave you stranded at the worst times! Electric bicycles are heavier, slower, and have a very limited range when compared to our petrol-powered motorized bicycles! With some proper maintenance and a full tank of petrol, our motorized bikes will get you from A to Z in less time and without worry—oh, and did we happen to mention that they’re LOADS of fun?!

It’s True What They Say: “Once You Go Motorized…”

“My three electric bikes are now redundant…”

''I use the bike everyday that’s approx. 20 miles and it’s the best cycle I have ever purchased—I can’t believe how fun it is just to ride a bike again! My three electric bikes are now redundant but I keep them around as backups in an emergency. I am seriously considering asking would you make another but that will not be until later this year.''

R.Higgs – Gloucestershire, UK.

“This is truly the best bicycle engine kit on the planet!”

"This is truly the best bicycle engine kit on the planet and completely blows my electric bicycle away! Trust me, I've even tried other cheap imitations from abroad and totally wasted my money. Many thanks for your support during fitting."

J.Ali - Birmingham, UK.
then right at the bottom:

** UK Customers: will now have to register the vehicle as a moped if to be used on british roads, this involves reg, tax and insurance and a vehicle saftey check by VOSA. It has been done and it can be done but it depends on the quality of the work of the installer and upon satisfying all the criteria set out by VOSA before one can register the finalized vehicle. Please bear this in mind before making a purchase.

Private off road use has no restrictions in terms of legalities and can be used without any of the above for UK. Rest of the world check with your local authorities.

Have fun and enjoy the build ........
And there's no way you'll pass VOSA single vehicle approval with the unguarded driven chain from the engine to wheel passing inside your thigh.

Last edited:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
These kits where discussed a few months back...

jbond

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2010
Ware, Herts
www.voidstar.com
I just found this link it makes a good read

Golden Eagle cyclemotor
I'm sure I remember a petrol motor equivalent of the E-Bike legislation. I also seem to remember a friend on one of the motorcycle lists I frequent mounting a petrol RC motor on his bicycle velosolex style and saying he didn't need any licensing.

But maybe this was it. "low powered mopeds" (Speed less than 16mph and under 1KW). But for which you still need tax, insurance, mot, helmet, license, plates, etc.

Do the E-Bike regs specifically say Electric power? How about a series hybrid?

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Its strange as these petrol motor kits are what started me looking at ebikes. The kit caught my eye on ebay and got me thinking, hey I could use that to get me back on my bike again and out of the car.

I checked out the legal issues and ended up then looking at ekits instead.

Soon after that I purchased an Alien kit (my first e bike conversion) and have never looked back since :p

Regards

Jerry

Last edited: