905 torque quick release rear

Brian Field

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 23, 2018
Whitehaven
Hi can anyone assist me in what size rear axel etc i will need to convert the 905 torque to quick release, also i would like to change the adjustable stem what size is the steerer tube, i understand the rear wheel is bolted to avoid theft but i'm willing to take that chance for the ease of puncture repair, bike almost ready for maiden voyage, just some changes to make. QR as optional extra would be a cool feature

tubbycyclist

Just Joined
Sep 17, 2018
Got the 705 but imagine similar principles will apply:
- The rear hub motor uses the axle as a conduit to connect power so switching to a quick release won't be possible. Having just changed the freewheel on mine I sympathise with the motive but I don't think there is any way it will work.
- Fitted with an aheadset so the stem will be a standard 1 1/8", although on my 705 the handlebars are not oversize and so pretty sure you will need the 25.4mm clamp, and not the version that fits oversize bars (31.8mm). Oversize bars normally have a 'bump' in the middle just in case it has been changed.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi, changing the stem and handlebars is easy,I changed my bars and stem on my 905se for a Boardman stem and handlebars for extra width. Steve.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Brian, Tubbycyclist is correct, due to the fact that we feed the power to the rear motor through the axle a quick release option is not possible, sorry.

All the best, David

Brian Field

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 23, 2018
Whitehaven
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated had a short ride to work last week on it, was not bad on it again tomorrow and will video my review as to how i find it.

Advertisers