A Cyclamatic conundrum?

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
Cyclomatic Conundrum?

My eye's are not so good. Could one of you please read attached label from both my Cyclamatic folding bicycle's batteries and tell me who is authorised to open it or were I should return it for disposal? Could anyone else with a Cyclomatic check their battery as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
My eye's are not so good. Could one of you please read attached label from both my Cyclamatic folding bicycle's batteries and tell me who is authorised to open it or were I should return it for disposal? Could anyone else with a Cyclomatic check their battery as well.
That sure is small print but Yep! exactly the same printing on my battery.

Mum!!! I got a Wisper part:D

Frame No. RP 9720704 It looks like there might be another digit or something but it is partly under the controller.

24V 10.5 Amp battery serial No. D09309L5518

Last edited:

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I`ve now checked the battery on my wifes cyclamatic MTB E bike and although it has a label which is similar there is no mention of wisper. I checked the spare battery that I ordered for her MTB and again no mention of Wisper.

It seems that this is only on the folder, would be interesting to order a spare for the folder and see what comes up.

Onmebike
Hopefully David from wisper will pick up on this thread and if proved that they are clones then for what it`s worth I think we should give him every assistance in tracking down the source.

The weather is fine today and after my wife and I return from a ride out on our bikes I intend to take the folder out for a run and see how it performs (As Captain Oates said as he left the tent "I might be gone some time:D"

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
I`ve now checked the battery on my wifes cyclamatic MTB E bike and although it has a label which is similar there is no mention of wisper. I checked the spare battery that I ordered for her MTB and again no mention of Wisper.

It seems that this is only on the folder, would be interesting to order a spare for the folder and see what comes up.

Onmebike
Hopefully David from wisper will pick up on this thread and if proved that they are clones then for what it`s worth I think we should give him every assistance in tracking down the source.

The weather is fine today and after my wife and I return from a ride out on our bikes I intend to take the folder out for a run and see how it performs (As Captain Oates said as he left the tent "I might be gone some time:D"

I fully agree Dave, in which case a phone call to Wisper's UK outlet may not go amiss.
It's probably more a case of, the manufacturer mis-labelling them. But then it would appear Wisper and Cyclamatic use components from the same manufacturers for that mistake to have occurred.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Well the first ride on the Folder was fun. Gearing is a bit low for my liking around our country lanes but then folders( as I see it) are more of a fun bike and certainly used around town or to the local station I can`t see a problem with it. Have to see what I can do to bring the gearing up a touch. the battery (marked Wisper) seems very much on par with my other batteries and should come on song with a few more charges.

BTW our new neighbours who haven`t fully moved in yet was out in the garden as I passed by. He has been well into e bikes for quite some time (funny old world) anyway I stopped and had a chance to talk to him and he didn`t believe me about the battery and i had to pull it off of the bike to convince him. Forgot to ask him what bikes they have.

To
Onmebike
Will you be ringing Wisper then?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My eye's are not so good. Could one of you please read attached label from both my Cyclamatic folding bicycle's batteries and tell me who is authorised to open it or were I should return it for disposal?
Here it is doubled in size and contrast:

Clipboard01.jpg

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex

Well the first ride on the Folder was fun. Gearing is a bit low for my liking around our country lanes but then folders( as I see it) are more of a fun bike and certainly used around town or to the local station I can`t see a problem with it. Have to see what I can do to bring the gearing up a touch. the battery (marked Wisper) seems very much on par with my other batteries and should come on song with a few more charges.

BTW our new neighbours who haven`t fully moved in yet was out in the garden as I passed by. He has been well into e bikes for quite some time (funny old world) anyway I stopped and had a chance to talk to him and he didn`t believe me about the battery and i had to pull it off of the bike to convince him. Forgot to ask him what bikes they have.

To
Onmebike
Will you be ringing Wisper then?
Wow! Silence is deafening, which may in fact speak volume's.
I did consider making a courtesy call after your suggestion that the batteries may be cloned. Just in case Wisper weren't aware of this.
But then I thought, there may well be another explanation for this.
One possibility is that Wisper supply the batteries to Cyclamatic and therefore assume responsibility for service/recycling.
Another and this isn't such an unusual sale's tactic. Wisper produce Cyclamatic for the low end market but only sell to secondary retail outlets retaining the Wisper mid to high end products for their own outlets.
This give's them sale's across the whole customer spectrum and the low end sale's which may form the greater, bolster the lesser high end sale's and fund research into future developement.
I've already contacted SportsHQ with my concerns, if anything underhand is going on, that may be enough in itself to stop it.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
The conspiracy theorists

I am beginning to worry regards use 2's mental health:D

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
I am beginning to worry regards use 2's mental health:D
Hardly a theory when there to be seen, written in black and white. But I'll welcome your opinion on the reason why the Cyclamatic folding ebike battery has Wisper Ltd mentioned on its care label?
Now in suggesting I may have mental health issue's, are you suggesting I'm imagining this label, or worse, lying? Both of which are personally abusive, a level to which, I am yet to sink.
I've only brought this to the forum's attention because it may be of interest to those contemplating purchasing a cheaper model ebike. Would your opinion of a cheap ebike not improve if you saw the name Wisper Ltd on it's battery? I know I was happy as Larry to see it, in fact I couldn't sleep at the excitement of telling you in particular, after your barrage of abuse and personal insult's, not that I was really bothered, you know the saying, stick's and stone's may break my bone's but brand name's will never hurt me.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Lighten up! I think Eddio was referring to your seemingly ungrateful comment about Flecc's doubling the size of the image!

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Popcorn thread

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
LOL :D

You know what I love about this forum? It's the fact that most of the time it's not filled with the usual reactionary, hyper-sensitive nonsense so often seen elsewhere, and that one can actually have an adult debate about points of mutual interest.....

As DW implies, I doubt anyone else is taking this exchange remotely seriously, like watching a row on some cheap 'reality tv' show - and isn't life too damn short?

Just a personal POV, you understand :D .

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
To wet to ride

The two old duffers :) are far more entertaining then anything Jeremy Kyle can conjure up.......Pass the popcorn Dan you greedy bu$$er!:D

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Chinese Wispers!

Popcorn thread
So far totally confused :confused: but love your post Dan!!!! :p

I am afraid though the answer is going to be very mundane. My first thought is the owners of the bike company involved have simply copied our English Li PO warning label and are too stupid to actually read it!

Believe me though I will be creating one hell of a stink this company is baltently passing thier batteries off as Wisper.

Thanks Onmebike!

All the best

David

Last edited:

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009

I am afraid though the answer is going to be very mundane. My first thought is the owners of the bike company involved have simply copied our English Li PO warning label and are too stupid to actually read it!

Believe me though I will be creating one hell of a stink and asking for compensation, I f I get anything I will take it to Presteigne in May and put it behind the bar! :D

Thanks Onmebike I owe you one!

All the best

David
David
If you read the thread you`ll notice that I also purchased one of the cheap folders just for fun and for the grand daughters to ride around our pastures when they visit and after Onmebike brought it to light I checked and sure enough my label reads the same. So! if things did get out of hand you have two batteries with the labels for back up.(and mines a Southern Comfort BTW:D

Cheers

Dave

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Folder?

Hi Dave

I am in the middle of writing to SportsHQ asking for an explanation, I understood this label was only on the MTB style bike. Do you know if Onmebike's was the folding bike too?

All the best

David

Last edited:

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Just re read his post and yes is was, however if any one has bough the MTB style I would be grateful for any info.

Best regards

David
Hiya David

My wife treated herself to the MTB version (+ a spare battery)and the label is pretty standard on both with no mention of Wisper.

Best

Dave

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex

Believe me though I will be creating one hell of a stink and asking for compensation, I f I get anything I will take it to Presteigne in May and put it behind the bar! :D

Thanks Onmebike I owe you one!

All the best

David

My pleasure David, my intention was to highlight this for the benefit of others including yourself. I can also confirm that SportHQ have contacted me to confirm that Wisper Ltd do not supply them with the Cyclamatic ebike's, but don't explain the use of their label's.
Any info I hold I'll gladly send you via a pm if required.
I was in no way trying to discredit Wisper Ltd who have come on leaps and bound's since their humble beginning's.
As my first reply to Old timer stated, I thought the most likely explanation was mis- labelling from the manufacturer, Zhenlong.