A g

Nik-eBike

Just Joined
Jun 15, 2019
Dear ladies and gents,
I am about to equip my moutain bike with electric kit (rear hub, within 26" wheel) for the first time :)
I wish to do it myself for fun, performance and budget reasons.
The aim of my project is to use this bike every day, to go to work, that is 10km for away from home (so it s 20km everyday minimum + extra).
The run is mostly flat, but with some stops and go (trafic lights, rock blocks that force to slow down and reaccelerate).
After reviewing a lot of websites, i am a bit confused with all that we can find on the web.
As much as possible, i wish to limitate the quantity of components to install on my bike, so an integrated controller within the battery or the engine would be great.
Does someone has a good reference to communicate. I like decent torque, but not too much and i wish to be able to reach 40km/h aproximately.
Thank you very much in advance for your kind advices,
Best regard,
Nik

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Don't forget that if you have electric assist over 25km/h and wish to be cycling legally you will need tax/insurance etc.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
40km/h is a bit of an ask. If around 35 km/h was acceptable. a Q128 motor fromm BMSBattery and one of their 48v shark batteries with integrated controller would so the job for about £550.

You could get one of the cheap 1000w direct drive kits from Ebay, but they normally have crappy pedal assist functions and make the bike extremely heavy and not so pleasant to ride.

You need to show us what bike you want to convert to get more specific advice.

Nik-eBike

Just Joined
Jun 15, 2019
Hello, thanks for yours answers, here comes my bike, it s a former Decathlon RR600 Cromo, and it has a suspension fork.

These bikes are said as good for their light and strong frame.

Good to see that you re talking about the Q128, I saw good caracterictics and price about it, but got confused between the differents ref, voltage and RPM, because all of them inidicates 201RPM (from 36V/500W to 48V/800W...), so it is not clear to me :(

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
By the way, does someone knows the difference between the Q128-SDHC and Q128-SXHC ?
One will be for freewheel and one for a cassette/freehub.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
By the way, does someone knows the difference between the Q128-SDHC and Q128-SXHC ?
My one SXHC IS freehub/cassette model so SDHC may be for a freewheel.