A question about uploading to youtube

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I am finding that when I upload a video the quality is drastically reduced and I dont know why.
I have used Windows Movie maker to export for youtube and that wasn't worth watching so another option was for High Definition display which is better, but not brilliant..
What am I missing?
Here is an example..

Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
It's in 720p HD and looks ok to me. :)

Are you setting it, so that it can be watched in HD, via the little cog, bottom right of the video screen on youtube?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I've watched the vid, and without being rude, I suggest Phill concentrates on directing and artistic values at this stage, rather than technical production.

• :D

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I dunno about that. Some of them are pretty good. :D Unlike his tyres! :D

Which goes to show that on a bicycle you are never more than a fraction of a second away from a calamity.

• Agree

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Handlebar cam, TCL 200 SVC action camera, constant recording. Set to 1080p.
I think mine is set at 1080p 50 fps but you need an iPhone to change it and I don't have an iPhone. Android app was due out in may bur still waiting... video quality from the cam is fine it's just youtube seems to mess it up

• Informative

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i can set the vid to 1080p but it still does not look as clear as mine and others vids on you tube?

i take it it looks fine if you play back straight from the cams memory card.?

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
i think windows player is the problem, try uploading the file straight from the cam to you tube as thats what i do and try that.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en-GB
The problem with that is you have to upload loads of the boring stuff to get to the point of interest and until the cycliq android app comes out there is no other way to trim the film. Plus I don't have fibre bb so takes 5 or 6 hours...

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Related Articles

Advertisers