A venture into the unknown

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
So, in my quest to further my knowledge of all types of ebikes and against all that I hold dear, I have just purchased a Bosch CX powered bike:eek:supposedly in need of some work on the motor:eek::eek:. I know, what on earth was i thinking, it's going to be a disaster, but the thirst for knowledge got the better of me and I had a backup plan, of sorts;)Well, to my amazement and utter surprise, the motor is perfect, inside and out and rides like a dream, someone got it wrong. I've got to admit, not having tried one before, that the TS drive is quite impressive and natural, but the cutoff at an indicated 16.8 mph comes up very quickly and I'm not sure it is something I could live with, but who knows. What I would like to know from anyone who has had a replacement Bosch motor fitted is, does the odometer readout reset with the new motor?

Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the display is just that all the settings are saved in the motor.

Reactions: wheeliepete

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the display is just that all the settings are saved in the motor.
also if you want a brand new motor you have to give back the one you have first working or not b4 you can buy the new one.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Cheers SW, I had a feeling that was the case but not 100% sure. So, I have a bike with 97 miles on the new motor, happy days:DNow, do I buy a dongle to celebrate:)?

Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you get a dongle you will imo need a bigger front sprocket and new chain depending how big you go at the front otherwise you will just spin out.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Enough already,:DI really can't afford to keep this bike for long, it's got to go before I start to enjoy it, although it's looking quite at home in the stable.....No Pete, be strong.... but one more can't hurt surely:p