About to switch to e-bike, any suggestions very welcome!

lucklesspedestrian

Just Joined
Sep 9, 2021
Hi

I reckon that if I switch to an e bike, I'll probably benefit by being able to manage longer runs and be less put off by the many hills (and that annoying persistent westerly wind ) we have here in rural Perthshire. My plan would be to only use the boost of the motor for hills and headwinds.

It will be purely for leisure/fitness, on the back roads so no need for suspension and I'm a reasonably fit 58 year old who is carrying a couple of extra stone. I'm 6"1' with long legs and arms.

I've got about £2500 to spend and quite fancy a road bike/ flat bar road bike or a more road inclined hybrid preferably without heavy suspension.

Any suggestions would be enormously helpful.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
E road bikes don't come up much here as most aren't road bike orientated, it may be better asking the guys on cyclinguk forum. The Orbea Gains seem to have good feedback and use lighter hub motors but mostly it is the battery capacity that may be the weak point.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Deno

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2018
Dublin
Have a look at the Cannondale Synapse Neo. Do a search on here as a couple of people got them and seemed to get on well.