Help! Adapt 36v Yose Power battery to another engine kit

BuildersLabs

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 16, 2019
Hi guys!

I was wondering if someone had approached my problem too.
I found good value/cost proportion on Yose Power battery but I have a problem.

That's the battery I found but I was wondering how to connect to my engine without the proprietary cable it needs.
Anybody knows how to wiring to my engine electronic these five holes for power (under-left of the battery as in the photo)?

Thank you guys!
Federico

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Hi Fed,
As far as I can see, what you have there is just a battery and charger. You need a controller. What do you already have?

If the bike already has controller, display, pas and motor - then you just need some silicone cable to connect battery to controller - but we need more detail to help fully.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's normally only the outer two slots that are connected. Before doing anything, it's absolutely imperative that you check them with a meter to find which way round they are.

As a temporary measure, I've used spade connectors on a lead just poked in. You could make it more permanent by using a thin strip of plywood or gluable plastic with two holes for the wires to glue over the arrangement after you inserted the spades. You need the male version. Don't attempt to crimp them. Pull or melt the plastic off and solder them.

Better still is to open the case, unsolder the wires from the terminal block, and solder longer wires, which you run out through the slots.

BuildersLabs

Jul 16, 2019
Hi guys!

Thank you vfr40!! It's good to hear that someone do this job before!
So just 2 wire are connected instead of 5!! ahahahha Easyer.
Anyway I have a 36v 250W Q-100 motor and s06s controller. But I don't think this is important in my case because I just need the +36v and -36v cable.

And @vfr400 what about this battery? Are the cells really 3200mah like they declare? It look like one of the best on the market at this price! And it's just 2.3kg!

Thank you guys :)
Federico

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
And @vfr400 what about this battery? Are the cells really 3200mah like they declare? It look like one of the best on the market at this price! And it's just 2.3kg!
The only way to be sure is to open it, but you can't change anything even if you find out they're not or they're fake, so try it and see how well it works. If you're only using a 15 amp controller, even a crappy battery would be OK.

BuildersLabs

Jul 16, 2019
The only way to be sure is to open it, but you can't change anything even if you find out they're not or they're fake, so try it and see how well it works. If you're only using a 15 amp controller, even a crappy battery would be OK.
Perfect, thank you for your answer!
I will check for sure :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the battery sits in cradle/docking point on the bike (most do) and the cradle docking point has a charge point as well as the battery, then the two outer pins are discharge and next two inner pins are for charging. Middle pin is not connected.

BuildersLabs

Jul 16, 2019
If the battery sits in cradle/docking point on the bike (most do) and the cradle docking point has a charge point as well as the battery, then the two outer pins are discharge and next two inner pins are for charging. Middle pin is not connected.
Ok, so I will definitely open the battery when it will arrive at check about that!
Thank you for sharing your experience!