Advice Please!

smallchillie

Just Joined
Jan 19, 2019
Hi there,
I have just joined as I am looking into buying an ebike. but have a few questions.

I am not a very experienced cyclist, but hope to change that. I am only 4 foot 10 tall and would like a folding bike. I have tried one at Halfords which was a good experience but it was pretty bumpy - 20" wheels and no suspension. I'll mostly be using it for commuting and about town.

I was wondering what your recommendations would be? Can you suggest a bike with bigger wheels? What bikes would suit someone of my size? I have been looking at the Byocycle Boxer, as it has bigger 24" wheels,but cannot test ride it as it's only available online.

I currently live in Aberdeen, but I am often in Glasgow, so could test ride a few next time I'm there but I'd like to browse in the meantime.

I'd be grateful for any advice you can give!

Many thanks
Lynda

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi Lynda, I tried a couple of folding bikes 2 years ago, including a Wisper which was really good(I bought a full sized Wisper in the end) a Raleigh which was pretty good as well and a cheapo Viking which was not so good (however i found a really cheap one on Gumtree and use it as a runaround. My advise is test ride as many as you can also check out the Wisper website and see if they have a dealer up your way, Good luck Steve W...