ADVICE - Rear Bafang axlenot protruding enough ?

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Hi All

Still getting around to sorting my electric bike out, fitting a new rear wheel BUT by the time i fit spacer washers/locking drop-out washer and torque arm there is only enough thread put 'half' the locking nut on !!!

Is there any way around this or is it the norm ?

This is the non - cable side and the torque arm fits to the rear caliper.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

I've never figured out why there's always loads of axle on the right side and not enough on the left side. There's normally just enough axle to fit a torque arm so you must have something extra on that side. Did you use spacers to centralise the rim? If you have the anti-rotation washer outboard, you can chuck it because you have a torque arm.

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Yes, i sorted it now Dave, the thing is still not running correct though !!!!

Playing with mototr connections gets me -

1. wheel going reverse (can here it spin inside hub)
2. Jumping /stuttering pulling high current.

3. Correct direction BUT way to much speed and zero torque, it will ride ok once above a few MPH but has no cut off speed.

I've honestly had enough of the thing !!!!!

Hall sensor to motor is fine.

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Well the connections are visually.

I can hold the bike back,its as if its 'stuttering'........

I'll be buying a Kalkoff now !!!!!!

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Could the controller be in 'learning' mode or something.

I put the rear wheel brake on and it's behaving very strangely now....

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
I've been riding it Dave, i've prob gone through 3 controllers and swapped colour for colour.

The controller is KU123 (i have about 4/5 spare) the rear whell is a Bafang geared one.

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
The problem is i'm getting smooth rotation under no load, i guess i will have to try all combinations on that diagram,

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Just swapped the blu and yellow wires on hall sensor and HAD an output of NO REACTION on the rear wheelwhich i had NEVER had before.

After trying a few combinations its WORKING !!!!!!!!

I am over the moon !!!!!!!

What a palaver......CHeers Dave...AGAIN !!!!!!

D

Deleted member 4366

The KU123 has automatic phase and hall sequence detection. Something must have caused it to get it wrong. I've had a couple that coughed and spluttered the first time I used them. It took a couple of spins of the wheel and reconnections, but once they got it right, no more problems.