Help! Advice requested - Gazelle Innergy Battery Output Wires

rogers827

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 28, 2019
Hi,
I have recently bought a VGC but non-working Gazelle Innergy. I knew the battery did not work but when I took it apard the wires on the BMS had been cut off & half the cells were missing. I used the battery outlet socket and wired up a generic 36V battery which has powered up the LCD okay but the bike still does not work as it should. The battery plug has a 3rd (white) wire from the BMS which I believe gives the LCD the battery voltage signal and my full battery is shown as empty on the LCD. Also I found a user manual that says no power will go to the motor when the battery is empty (although it will still power the LCD & headlight frr a time).

Logically the white wire from the battery will be a 36V signal to the LCD but I am loath to just piggy back the battery +ve in case it has been reduced somewhat by the BMS & I end up causing damage to the LCD.

My question therefore is can anyone please advise what voltage the white wire from the Innergy 36V battery plug carries?

Thanks in advance

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Surely, you should be able to see where it was soldered to om the connector. Also, there would be a corresponding wire on the matching connector.

rogers827

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I know where the wires are positioned on the battery plug & bike socket but because the original battery is incomplete I do not know what voltage the white wire caries to the LCD/controller. That is what I would like to know?