ALDI Cycling Gear .

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Aldi Commuter Cycling items on July 7th include repair stand , wireless computer , clothing and cycle carrier for cars .

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Lidl have their Cycling Essentials on Thursday , 11th July . These include bike workstand £29.99 , backpacks , clothing , tyre sealant , footpump , gel saddle cover etc.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
What, Roger..........no helmets ?......damn !! :rolleyes: :D

Lynda :)

D

Deleted member 4366

The work-stands are great for normal bikes, but not really strong enough for the extra weight of an electric bike. Just about OK if you remove the battery.

Gdread

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2012
Staffordshire
The work-stands are great for normal bikes, but not really strong enough for the extra weight of an electric bike. Just about OK if you remove the battery.
Thanks, I was tempted. What do you do you think of the tool kits? I've got most of those items now after a year of e biking! But they look good for a starter kit?

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Thanks, I was tempted. What do you do you think of the tool kits? I've got most of those items now after a year of e biking! But they look good for a starter kit?
Well, I nipped into Aldi for an upright pump and was unable to resist the toolkit. On closer examination, it's ok, not fantastic, but will do for a while. The spanners are a bit clunky, but I expect the chain whip, BB tool and pedal remover will be useful shortly. With the addition of this set I reckon I've got enough freewheel/cassette/BB tools to do.

john h

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 22, 2012
murthly castle estate
would not be here if not for my helmet,, you might think you look stupid with a helmet on but you would look more stupid without your brains,[ quote richard ballantine] and would not be able to go your lovely ebike.:p

SarahJane

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 15, 2013
The Kentish Alps
Very happy with my Aldi cycle computer - easily set up, simple to use, tells me what I want to know (and quite a bit more). As it was so cheap, I need not worry about losing it, though it will be going in my pocket when I leave the bike. My partner has a very similar one costing 3 or 4 times as much; on a 20k test ride the two agreed perfectly. I am tempted to get another as a spare; do they deteriorate if kept in the packaging?

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
I am tempted to get another as a spare; do they deteriorate if kept in the packaging?
They shouldn't - the battery will eventually lose charge and possibly leak, so remove that from it and wrap it seperately within the box.
Long term - years, the onboard capacitors in the microcircuitry might lose value, but it's not much of a worry. If it fails within a week of unwrapping it in say, two years time, it might still be under the three year Aldi warranty (if it's got that).