Aldi stuff today

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Amongst the items in today are the Bike Quick Fix Tyre Repair canisters. I used one of these when I had a rear puncture on my Delite. That was over 2500 miles ago, I'm convinced so I have been to get another half dozen, one for each wheel. Saves me having to swap things around when changing bikes.

The jackets don't seem as advertised so gave them amiss and bought some chocolate instead.

jwm

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2014
Hampshire
Clothing was quite disappointing, seems they are now reducing materials/quality... Still OK but no longer the bargain they once we're.

John

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
what do people think of that mini hand pump?
Just had a quick go on the Haibike. It works better than any small pumps Iv'e had before. The high/low volume thing seems to work, very hard work at 40 lbs on volume, easy on low volume.

I would say it's well worth £3.99, you could wait to see if they sell them off cheaper in a few weeks time if they have any left.

I fancy the mains pump coming in on Thursday.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Getting a rucksack and some Co2 refills and maybe a pair of those fingerless gloves.
And some 80% cocoa chocolate

jwm

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2014
Hampshire
The pump is pretty decent.switching between volume and high pressure is good.does take a bit if effort as the draw length is so short, but does the job.

John

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
No fingerless gloves left so got a couple of pairs of MTB socks instead .

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
They fit my hands better than my feet.
A bit tight but hopefully they will ease off a bit when washed.
Went out with the 16 litre rucksack today and was impressed by the comfort of it.
I had a pair of 16Ah Multistars in a tupperware box with padding inside and they took up 2 thirds of the space so I put a spare inner tube and a bottle of pop in as well .
The side pockets are handy for carrying a cable lock etc.

Reactions: flecc

PeterCo

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 6, 2015
The mini hand pump works fine at both high volume and high pressure but I find it fairly hard work to pump up to 40psi on 20" tyres on a Volt Metro folding bike. I ended up putting the last bit in with a car foot pump from B&M Bargains at £3.99! The small gauge isn't accurate on either the foot pump or the mini pump so I used my much more reliable digital one I use on the car and motorbike. The mini hand pump is great to carry being light and reasonably small. On a small wheeled folder I find it very important to keep the tyres, especially the rear one, accurately pumped up to avoid punctures.