Alien Ocean 36v 26" front wheel kit

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
I am selling this kit. It was my first foray into electric bikes, and was used for six months as a 'proof of concept' on my wife's old bike. Having proved it worked for her, we then bought an Urban Mover.
The kit is approximately 18 months old, but has been unused for the last 12 months. It is a 36v road legal kit, with a 26" front wheel hub motor and rack mounted 10Ah battery. Although unused for 12 months, the battery has been kept in a healthy state of charge. Having only been discharged 15 - 20 times, it should still have a long life ahead of it. Comes supplied with 4 keys, and is in good mechanical order and reasonably good cosmetic condition ( slight 'cosmetic' marking).
The motor is an 8Fun SWXK unit. It has pas (with an Alien Ocean replacement magnetic rotor disc, as I had to butcher the original to fit it to my wife's bike) and a thumb throttle, and is fitted with an 890 LED display unit.
Full fitting instructions, and kit operating instructions are included. Also includes two replacement brake levers with motor cutoff switches.
Selling for £250, plus shipping (which should be less than £30), or collect if close.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
My first kit too. Great value and excellent service from them back when I started in 2009.

Jerry

Reactions: bigroy

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
My first kit too. Great value and excellent service from them back when I started in 2009.

Jerry
Indeed. They were very helpful when I had problems fitting the pas magnet ring, and sent me 2 spares - 1 replaced the one I broke, and t'other is included above;)

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Okay. I've tested the battery as per the thread Battery capacity, and it shows there to be lots of capacity left. As with all ebikes, it's not possible to put an exact mileage on the range, but it does show the battery is still a good 'un, as D8veh stated.
I shall be placing the kit on ebay this weekend if no interest here.

Last edited:

mumbles

Just Joined
Mar 5, 2014
Newcastle
Hey Peerjay, I'll take em. Give me a PM to sort out the details. (just to check, I have twist shift gear changes, will the breaks be compatible with this?).

D

Deleted member 4366

T don't see any problem with fitting that kit to a bike with twistgrip gears. Even if the brakes don't fit (they probably will), there's simple modifications that you can do to get brake cut-offs.

D

Deleted member 4366

Please, no guru. "Normal bloke" is fine - even "nearly normal bloke" will do.

Remember, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Last edited by a moderator:

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Sorry for my tardiness in replying - I've explained in my pm to you Mumbles. As D8veh stated, this worked OK with the twist grip gears on my wife's ex bike. The brake levers are non branded, but look OK, and as Dave says, there are ways to adapt existing brake levers.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Got there in the end then :) Good riding in Ingleton? Love a bit of Dales riding, usuallly end up in Burnsall for a pint at the Red Lion!!
Some great riding when the weather plays ball. And south of the A65 are some brilliant quiet lanes that can take you up onto the Bowland fells.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Some great riding when the weather plays ball. And south of the A65 are some brilliant quiet lanes that can take you up onto the Bowland fells.
You live in a beautiful part of the UK, I spent a lot of time around there in the past with many happy memories. I wish it was still an hours drive away for me.
There and where I live now are my favorites.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
maybe it's a case of grass is always greener DC. I envy you your location, and especially the almost guaranteed proper winters;)

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
maybe it's a case of grass is always greener DC. I envy you your location, and especially the almost guaranteed proper winters;)
Not this year, loads of snow on the high tops for skiers but hardly any down here in the Village, perfect!
I've had a house here for going on 18 years, lived here full time for the last 10 and along with most folks in these parts have never known as mild a winter as this one, while sadly, some poor folks down south have really suffered.
Dave.