Allbatteries spare battery problem

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Hi all, advice needed, purchased a 468w/hr battery from Allbatteries as an additional battery for my Haibike SduroTrekking Trekking with Yamaha PW motor. Bought it in January, but has had little use up to now, used it and drained it fully, recharged it again but caught dreaded flu bug, so was a gap in time til today when I switched it on, it showed full charge on battery indicator but the bike screen shows all the symbols as if it on test mode, then switched off. There is no drive to the motor. Put the original Haibike battery in and it works perfectly. Any ideas anyone, before I contact Allbatteries on Monday?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Battery is not compatible and doesn't have the comms protocol to communicate with the controller.

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Battery is not compatible and doesn't have the comms protocol to communicate with the controller.
Hi Neal, thanks for answer. Do you mean the battery is completely unsuitable because it is advertised as being compatable to the Haibike SduroTrekking, and it did power the motor as normal until it was recharged. And there are other forum members using the same battery on same bike, thought it may need to be reset in some way? Have tried holding the battery charge button down for a few seconds to reset but without success.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My reply was in response that it was a non oem aftermarket supplied battery.
Does it charge ok and are you getting an output voltage reading via a meter ?

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
If it is the same as a standard Yamaha battery you may not get full voltage at the battery terminals until it is on the bike and switched on. Mine will read 38ish V until it is switched on then goes up to 41.something. I measure mine at an external connector I have fitted to connect my extender battery to ensure batteries are at same V before connecting.

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Hi Neal, haven't checked battery voltage, it's now gone back to Allbatteries for fault testing so waiting for what they come up with. Allbatteries are providing pleasant and efficient service up to now, Parcel force picking up the battery at no cost to myself. They have stated if anything wrong with battery will either replace it or provide a refund, whichever I prefer. ☺

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Allbatteries tested the battery, stated is defective. As they are unable to provide a replacement until July, have reimbursed the full purchace price. So don't know what the actual fault was, but am pleased with the no quibble refund. Allbatteries seem to be a good company to deal with.

Advertisers