Help! Alternative to the GTech Lowstep City [GTech discontinuing]

UnluckyAlf

Just Joined
Mar 30, 2020
Hey all,

First time eBike purchaser here!

I had my heart set on a Gtech Lowstep City as it meets my criteria, but I've heard from Cycle Republic that GTech are discontinuing the Lowstep and so they are all now out-of-stock. I was wondering if anyone could offer some alternatives that closely match the GTech Lowstep?

Me and my needs
- 5'5" downhill, wind behind me.
- Slightly reduced lung function due to years of Asthma, electric assist would really help here.
- 10 mile round trip to work and back. mostly flat, but a crushing incline on the last mile into work, and also frequent headwinds on the ride into work. 90% tarmacked cycle lane, but last 10% in city traffic.
- I'm not interested in being fast, just safe and steady, ideally not having to break a sweat so I can get to work without showering.
- Highly unlikely to use the eBike for anything other than my daily commute. (I'm not a biker, but getting a bike has become essential now that I've moved house and public transport/driving is not an accessible option)
- I have £995 to spend (CycleScheme voucher already in my possession, can go more for the right bike that ticks all the boxes)

Things that attracted me to the GTech City
- Step through frame for my short arse.
- No gears, less chance of me messing up and ending in an RTA. (Very paranoid about this tbh as I've just become a dad)

Hope you can help! Thanks in advance!