Amateur Radio

Richard_M

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
Ely, East Englia.
Hello again, but under a different context this time. I've recently expanded my station aboard narrowboat 'Patent Pending' somewhat :

IMG_0038.jpg

I'm currently active on 40m, 2m and 70cms. Locals in East Anglia can find me on GB3PI and GB3PY.
I'm always up for a chat about radio, more radio, ebikes, biking of all sorts and vaping.

I'm sure I'm not the only techie sort into ebikes and radio too.

G8VQN.

Last edited:

mijak

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2014
ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Hello again, but under a different context this time. I've recently expanded my station aboard narrowboat 'Patent Pending' somewhat :

View attachment 7372

I'm currently active on 40m, 2m and 70cms. Locals in East Anglia can find me on GB3PI and GB3PY.
I'm always up for a chat about radio, more radio, ebikes, biking of all sorts and vaping.

I'm sure I'm not the only techie sort into ebikes and radio too.

G8VQN.
Just spotted this G0JVB, ex G6MUI so your not alone, used to be on PI & PY years ago when I lived in Peterborough, atb, Mike.

doublestout

Pedelecer
Feb 10, 2014
Oh, Amateur radio is something that I'm going to finally do this year. Couple of local clubs mear me. I'm an old CB pirate. Used to frequently operate on USB, LSB and AM. On FM used to disappear with friends away from the 'muppet box', (UK 40).

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009

doublestout

Pedelecer
Feb 10, 2014
Yeah I have flicked through that document. Its taken a long time to legalise somehing that I was doing in the 80s and 90s.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Is it time to get the old ha multimode out of the box then?
What is the current scene like?

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Is it time to get the old ha multimode out of the box then?
What is the current scene like?
ON SSB it has never really died, the skip is good at the moment and most operators are both friendly and professional, most activity is on the 26 channels between the old 40 and the UK 40 channels,the SSB calling channel is 27.555 mhz.

A Mint Ham international Multimode 3 sold on eBay recently for almost £500 :eek:

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I better look mine out with extra channels and high power.
I'm rich rich etc.

Reactions: Artstu