Amps at the Bike Place - Silverstone, Northampton 29th-31st Jan TRADE SHOW

Pedelecs

Editorial
May 20, 2015
Amps Bike Place Trade Notice.jpg

-------------------------------------------
Press Release text summary for those not logged in....

Kent based AMPS Electric Bicycles has announced that it will be at the 2017 Bike Place Show Silverstone racing circuit in Northampton on 29th of Jan to the 31st of Jan 2017.

AMPS Electric Bicycles will be showing its key ebike brands Wisper and Riese & Muller for the 2017 season.

The ebike market has been seeing significant levels of growth of the past 6+ months and it’s time for IBDs to get in on the action. AMPS Electric Bikes is the home and manufacturer of Wisper bikes worldwide and national distributor for Riese & Muller in the UK.

Wisper electric bicycles have been enjoyed in the UK for more than twelve years; during this time they have earned a reputation for being one of the most reliable and well-built electric bikes on the market. In addition high levels of service and support for our products is the cornerstone on which we build our business.

AMPS are also proud to be the sole UK distributor for Riese & Muller electric bikes. Hand built with care in Frankfurt Germany, Riese & Muller electric bikes are simply amongst the finest available.

AMPS is looking to grow its exiting dealer network across the UK and have chosen the Bike Place 2017 to launch its new products to the IBD network.

David Miall, Director of AMPS, commented, “The Bike Place 2017 presents an ideal opportunity for us to interact with the UK retailers in a great location and show our leading portfolio of ebike brands.”

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
The problem with the above post is that, unless you're a signed-up member of this forum and actually logged in, it just appears as a small thumbnail image and nobody can read it.

It means that the many casual visitors/readers/followers on the forum here will be deprived of that information.

{admin note: Thanks Cyclebuddy, I've pasted the plain text in as well}

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Can I just play devils advocate here?

You organise a trade show... the reasons for which I fully understand.

But having gone to all that time, effort, and cost, why would you NOT open it to the public to promote the benefits of e-biking when so many major brands will be there?

Silverstone hosts many shows (other than car related). IMHO, it's wasted effort if you don't invite the public for set days beyond the trade days.

• Agree
Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Can I just play devils advocate here?

You organise a trade show... the reasons for which I fully understand.

But having gone to all that time, effort, and cost, why would you NOT open it to the public to promote the benefits of e-biking when so many major brands will be there?

Silverstone hosts many shows (other than car related). IMHO, it's wasted effort if you don't invite the public for set days beyond the trade days.
If I were the organisers I would have at least one day public access , which would actually make it more valuable to same exhibitors. However, it does seem public days for many brands are a bit of a pain, a lot of brands at Eurobike for instance pack up and go home as soon as the trade days are done. I have heard that Eurobike will not have public days this year.

Trade days are very useful to manufacturers and distributors. They give exhibitors more time to sit down for lengthy conversations with dealers who may sell multiples rather than singles.

All the best, David

Last edited:

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Of course the public are a pain in the ass... but it's us, the public, that are buying your product and keeping you all in business. You have no existence or future without us, the pain-in-the-ass public.

When you, the trade, have spent considerable time, effort, and money gathering yourselves together, it seems stupid not to meet-and-greet the people who justify your existence.

One of the major annual hi-fi shows does exactly that at Silverstone annually... a day or two trade, then an extra two days meeting the idiots who spend thousands of their hard-earned pounds on their products perpetuating their existence.

I am one of those idiots who has indeed spent thousands of pounds on hi-fi at such a Silverstone show.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
As I say, we would welcome the public. Hence my invitation offer to one and all.

Unfortunately many other manufacturers and distributors don't.... insane in my book!

All the best, David

• Agree
Reactions: Andrew Ford

Advertisers