An electric bike for Tony Blair's farewell gift

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
In today's Times newspaper, they asked five leading experts to offer some ideas for Tony's whipround present.

One of the suggestions was for an electric bike. LevBikes suggested a LEV Eagle for £687 which comes within the budget of around £760. However, James Fitzgerald of LevBikes said he would make up the shortfall and get him a Sparta Ion (£1,629) if Tony would ride it to Dover, get on a Ferry and not come back.

:D

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
Our 'Tone'

In today's Times newspaper, they asked five leading experts to offer some ideas for Tony's whipround present.

One of the suggestions was for an electric bike. LevBikes suggested a LEV Eagle for £687 which comes within the budget of around £760. However, James Fitzgerald of LevBikes said he would make up the shortfall and get him a Sparta Ion (£1,629) if Tony would ride it to Dover, get on a Ferry and not come back.

:D
I missed that (being a D.Telegraph fan myself).
How about a "One way Ticket to the Hague"?
Peter

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
russ

may be all right now but i cant see an electric bike working as a pope-mobile and lets face it that's what he wants.:rolleyes:

if that's all they needed for a going away present i would have given it years ago:rolleyes:

its a good job we avoid politics and religion:rolleyes:

mike

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
:D Yes, a very good job mike! I'm just wondering why a LEVbikes representative would recommend someone else's bike, one at more than twice the price too? To ensure Tony gets as far as Europe/possible? :D :rolleyes:

I don't think it could be because the Sparta is a european bike (?) 'cos I'm sure Grandad saw some pretty much identical bikes to the LEVs for sale in France recently, and probably the UK, (and possibly Italy, maybe Germany too etc. etc.... ;))

Stuart.

slimtim

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2007
Birmingham
don't overcharge the lithium battery first...

it would not be good publicity...I hear there is some risk...going off with a bang...

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
:D We wouldn't want that, would we?..the bad publicity I mean... ;) that wouldn't be good, like not quitting while you're ahead...

Still, I think its better late than never: he doesn't seem to have done very well with "spin" up until now, so this is a golden opportunity for him to finally benefit from it :D ;).

Stuart.