annoying clicking noise

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
It could be that the computer (distance) sensor has shifted position, if you have one fitted. I get a clicking sound when mine is too close to the spokes - a slight adjustment is all that's required to realign it and clicking vanishes.

Reactions: Fir3mansam1964

Fir3mansam1964

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 7, 2019
It could be that the computer (distance) sensor has shifted position, if you have one fitted. I get a clicking sound when mine is too close to the spokes - a slight adjustment is all that's required to realign it and clicking vanishes.
Thanks but don't have one

Reactions: UrbanPuma
D

Deleted member 25121

I get clicking noises when there's a tiny stone or bit of dirt trapped inside the caliper and it rubs against part of the disc, you said you've had the pads replaced but there might still be something attached to the caliper.

Reactions: Fir3mansam1964

Fir3mansam1964

Jun 7, 2019
I get clicking noises when there's a tiny stone or bit of dirt trapped inside the caliper and it rubs against part of the disc, you said you've had the pads replaced but there might still be something attached to the caliper.
Will check

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
We told him last Wednesday to check the spokes. 10 seconds later, he could have a solution to his problem or he could have eliminated it as a possibility. The same with the disc, two screws and 30 seconds and that could have been proven or eliminated. He obviously ony wants sympathy or company rather than his probem fixed. Start hating me now.

Reactions: ebiker99
D

Deleted member 25121

We told him last Wednesday to check the spokes. 10 seconds later, he could have a solution to his problem or he could have eliminated it as a possibility. The same with the disc, two screws and 30 seconds and that could have been proven or eliminated. He obviously ony wants sympathy or company rather than his probem fixed. Start hating me now.
What makes you think the OP hasn't tried those things?

Fir3mansam1964

Jun 7, 2019
What makes you think the OP hasn't tried those things?
OP I've been away on holiday since Wednesday and just back for father's Day.

I will try each suggestion and will let all know outcome sympathy I don't need, but appreciate the offer.

To all positive responders I thank you.

• Dislike
Reactions: ebiker99
D

Deleted member 25121

OP I've been away on holiday since Wednesday and just back for father's Day.

I will try each suggestion and will let all know outcome sympathy I don't need, but appreciate the offer.

To all positive responders I thank you.
Sorry, I was trying to help you by being supportive. I wasn't offering any sympathy......

Fir3mansam1964

Jun 7, 2019
Sorry, I was trying to help you by being supportive. I wasn't offering any sympathy......
I feel so bad Ive miss understood your post , sorry if I've hurt your feelings , never my intention, I appreciate your ongoing support.

Thanks once more

Fir3mansam1964

Jun 7, 2019
Spend some time on the bike going through some of all your suggestions, checked all calipers, discs nothing found, invested in a small jars of vaseline and as suggested applied to the area where the spokes touch each other on the front wheel.

Rode it to work today and the clicking has reduced greatly.

Now it sounds to be coming from the back wheel only not as loud, I didn't grease that one as the spokes don't touch where they cross. I think I'm going to try and get some grease into the area near the hub where the j end of spoke attaches to the hub see if that helps.

Once again thanks to all contributers I wasn't ingoring your suggestions just didn't have access to bike whilst away on holls.