Another bbs01 post. Hope u can help.

dankanish

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 7, 2016
DK
Hi There.. This is my first post..

So I got my bbs01 350w installed on my mtb with a 36v 8.8ah bottle battery from joycube (Samsung cells) so I am a 86kg rider and my rims are 26".. I can do 32.5kmh in pas 5 (my highest pas) in 8 gear. I would like to go a bit faster than that [emoji14] what can I do to obtain more speed? Oh and I don't have throttle only pas

Sendt fra min ONE A2003 med Tapatalk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

dankanish

Sep 7, 2016
DK
But if I only use pas then he states: That is why the PAS settings are best left pretty much like they come from the factory, with gradually increasing speed and corresponding increases in current values too, as you go from steps 1 through to 9”

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
But if I only use pas then he states: That is why the PAS settings are best left pretty much like they come from the factory, with gradually increasing speed and corresponding increases in current values too, as you go from steps 1 through to 9”

There are other settings that affect the way the motor operates, such as the 'Keep Current' setting. If set too low, then the motor isn't fed enough current to sustain a higher speed.

As Nealh says, post some screen shots of your settings when you get the cable, and we can all help to see if you can tweak to improve your BBS01.

Last edited:

dankanish

Sep 7, 2016
DK
Will put up a screenshot when I get the cable

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I made quite a few changes to mine after reading the tutorial a few times to help soften the stress on the controller at start up. Also from the factory the keep current was set to a low 20% and start current was set to the max 100%, the main tweaking of settings I carried out are in the basic tab for Limit current and Limit speed.
My original 350w controller blew after 2654 km as I used it with factory settings from day 1. The 250w replacement is now much better, the bike is faster and the assist is smoother and more progressive in each assist level.

Last edited:
Reactions: brightonebikes

dankanish

Sep 7, 2016
DK
So I finally got my cable. But I don't fit my bikes cable.. The first picture is the cable going from the motor to the display. The second picture is the one I've got from ebay..

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your bbs wiring can't be original standard Bafang supplied equipment as that 5 pin connector is not standard.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Are you sure you haven't accidently disconnected the wrong end of the cable harness. You're after the green coloured plug at the end with the bunch of four cables.

Bafang cable.jpg

Doesn't look like Bafang (Higo) style connector as the above photo shows. Perhaps contact the vendor who you brought it from with the photos if you haven't already? Perhaps they send out wrong connector?