Another Juicy Tale...

PhilYerBoots

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2011
Wallasey, Wirral.
Well we had a busy weekend driving around 300 miles to demo as many bikes as we could.
Our first trip last Friday was to Chester to have a longer demo of their Trek Valencia's demos which impressed again but Ann was not taken with the style of the bike (or the price..!). Next up was another 'trek' to Kidderminster (sorry..!) where a very helpful and patient Andrew from OnBike lined up several demos for us with our both our favorites being the E-Motion City 700+ @ £1650. We we so impressed with the bike that we nearly took it away there and then but had already decided on a trip to Juicy in Buxton the next day.
So we visited Eco Republic on Saturday and Ann demo'd the Juicy Classic while I tried to keep up with her on a Sport model. She was beaming when we returned to the shop, having already made up her mind that was the bike for her. She was torn between a cream or blue one but went for blue in the end with the optional leather sprung saddle. Many thanks to Bob and Sarah and we took the bike away same day.
I've left it till now to report back to see how Ann got on with her commute this week and its all good. The bike pushes well up the hills in the right gear and I'm now struggling to keep up with her on my mtb instead of the other way round..!
A couple of slight problems are a rubbing front disc, which is improving, but I think its just bedding in adjustments that are needed as the brake levers travel too far before biting for my liking. Also one of the battery keys has broken, with the plastic casing splitting open but I'll try a repair or contact Bob about a spare.
Anyway thanks to Tom for recommending Juicy and Bob can add another satisfied customer to his list..:D

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Sounds like a great bike. That front disk thingy is probably just in need of a touch of adjustment ( you can centre the mech with an allen screw on most disk brakes.)

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
If the front brake doesn't improve please take the bike into your local bike shop for adjustment.
Ask them to give us a call if there is any difficulty, and send us the bill. Should take just a few moments to adjust properly.
So pleased you like the bike and welcome to the Juicy gang!

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
I've left it till now to report back to see how Ann got on with her commute this week and its all good. The bike pushes well up the hills in the right gear and I'm now struggling to keep up with her on my mtb instead of the other way round..!
Another success story. Lets have some more! .. Well done customer. Well done dealers! ... Can you give me some extra details please as follows:
Commute Milage:
Route: Moderate Hills/Very Hilly, etc ..
Battery Life: (in years or charging cycles)
Battery Cost: (if you needed to buy another one)
Battery Conditioning: ( what conditioning was needed)
Battery Lock: Does it have one?
Charger Weight:
Charger Cost: (if you wanted 2)

Thanks,

Alan

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Another success story. Lets have some more! .. Well done customer. Well done dealers! ... Can you give me some extra details please as follows:
Commute Milage:
Route: Moderate Hills/Very Hilly, etc ..
Battery Life: (in years or charging cycles)
Battery Cost: (if you needed to buy another one)
Battery Conditioning: ( what conditioning was needed)
Battery Lock: Does it have one?
Charger Weight:
Charger Cost: (if you wanted 2)

Thanks,

Alan
Alan.....might it be an idea to explain, especially to new members, exactly why you want all those details......WE all know about your spreadsheets, but others might be a bit taken aback by all the questions......hope you dont mind....its just a thought :)

Lynda

PhilYerBoots

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2011
Wallasey, Wirral.
If the front brake doesn't improve please take the bike into your local bike shop for adjustment.
Ask them to give us a call if there is any difficulty, and send us the bill. Should take just a few moments to adjust properly.
So pleased you like the bike and welcome to the Juicy gang!
Thanks Bob. I'll have a go at the weekend myself with the allen bolt adjustment you showed us and see how it is.

PhilYerBoots

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2011
Wallasey, Wirral.
Hi Alan - Details as best I know entered below...

Commute Milage: - 4 miles round trip
Route: Moderate Hills/Very Hilly, etc .. - Moderate with one steep hill.
Battery Life: (in years or charging cycles) - Not sure on this but Bob mentioned 80% capacity after 800 charge cycles if battery treated properly.
Battery Cost: (if you needed to buy another one) - Around £200
Battery Conditioning: ( what conditioning was needed) - None - recommended to charge little and often
Battery Lock: Does it have one? - Yes on removal of key.
Charger Weight: - Not sure, probably less than a kilo.
Charger Cost: (if you wanted 2) - About £30.

Thanks,

Alan