Another little gem on ES Forum.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Custom Mini Arduino spot welder for 18650 etc, runs off a 3s lipo max 12.6v. Kit approx $100 delivered.
Developed by a guy in Korea and payment only via Paypal. Also comes with a solder iron operated from another port which can use up to 6s lipo.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=89076

• Informative
Reactions: jerrysimon and awol

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Gulp... :eek:

So a HL case full of 30Q has just become an option for my future build, $100 shipped is a steal!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not quite Jerry :eek:.
The Boss mini spot welder fits in your pocket, it is possible if a user is careful and experiments that a 4s lipo may be possible but 3s is the ideal solution for any welds, it also doubles up with a solder port for soldering using a 6s lipo. It can only carry out one option at a time.

The uploaded videos on ES from Spain by rojitor are very good .
Spot welds 0.1- 0.2mm pure nickel with excellent proper results.
The power is totally adjustable so you get the exact strength of weld without any burning or deep damaging welds.

20170610.jpg

20170612.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jerrysimon

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I emailed him about it.

Most of my builds are 5s2p or 5s4p packs that I then series together. This allows me to balance them using a cheap model charger balancer as and when. I dont use a BMS!

konion.jpg

I set the cutout on the controllers to 31v.

I have used Sony Konion cells for over three years with no cell failures balanced once on build and maybe 2 or 3 times over the three years.

These were 1600mha cells you can now buy them in 3100mah cells so I could get twice the capacity for half the weight :)

PS I can't see a use for the soldering iron as I have a welding station though I guess this is more portable.

Jerry

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I have taken a punt on the small one of this post. Will report back once it arrives.

So how do you find the larger from ebay Dave ?

I am fed up with trying to find cells with tags on them or ready made up. This should enable me to experiment with lots of different sizes/capacitiesvoltages.

This seems like a nice place to to get cells.

https://eu.nkon.nl/

Loads of options for Konion ones of difference capactities. Is there limit to EU imports in terms of paying import duty I read £135 or something ?

Jerry

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: anotherkiwi

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
You are still in it for the moment Jerry so no duty from the EU. :)

• Informative

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Thanks good point :confused:

Jerry

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
I have taken a punt on the small one of this post. Will report back once it arrives.
Yes, please report back, also on the order page I notice he asks how much value to put for duty reasons.
How much is the max we can put for duty free UK delivery?

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I think its around £34 or possibly £39 not clear. There seems to be a different options of gift or sample when I read the gov.uk site. All rather confusing.

I left it to him rather than ask him to mark it down.

I have a few packages coming from China and have selected different couriers to see who hits me with import duty. In the past I have always found it to be hit and miss. These aren't huge amounts of money and its more fun to see what happens :p

Jerry

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yes It was generic I hadn't checked the width.

Still can't decide which VTC cells to get VTC5 2600mAh or VTC6 3120mAh. I guess as I am a weight weenie I should get the higher capacity ones :p

These have come a long way from my Makita based Sony Konion VTC 2 1600mAh cells now three years old. Hope they self balance as well. I never charge them behond 4.1V as I read this helps them live longer which seems to be the case so far.

PS that strip I linked is for connecting up parallel strip pairs like my pic above. Neat sollution.

Sorry I am going off topic. Will post back when I get the gizmo.

Jerry

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited:
  • Informative

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have a Boss mini coming from Korea via the slow boat route, I asked him to mark it as $35. I didn't see the need for the solder iron.
The cells from Nkon are all duty free as in the EU as stated by AK, the p&p is very good at approx. 10 - 12 euros only.

• Informative

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Nkon also sells nickel strips like those and 99.x pure.

• Informative

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Buying pure Ni strips from Nkon makes sense if you are also buying cells but on their own with p & p price is a bit high compared to the Aliexp offering.

• Informative

Advertisers