another mag than A to B

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Has anyone been getting this mag?
Is it any good?

Velo Vision
--------------------------------------------------------------------------no but if you do would it be possible to "cut and paste" each page and attach to an e-mail and send me each month :rolleyes: ...that way i will feel its a "very good mag"....:cool: ..lol

bigskelf

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2008
near Perth
www.woodenquaich.com
I'm a subscriber, I really enjoy it, it's focus seems to be on bikes as utility transport. Quite a lot of good info on recumbents, trikes, trailers, weird hybrid tandems etc. Quite a strong european influence.

It's worth checking the website out as it gives a good taster of the magazine. I'm fairly sure I found out about this site from there.

.....counting the days till I can order my pro connect, unless something better appears in the next few weeks ;)

JohnofCambridge

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2007
Stapleford, Cambridge
Yes, I took it for a year just to see what it was like. Its emphasis on recumbents and trikes is a little off interest to me whereas A to B hits my nail on the head. This is not to say it is a not a good magazine if you are interested in the offbeat and the novel.

I took it as an e- subscription. I don't feel that is quite so engaging a format as the A to B hard copy A5 format which I constantly pick up and put down.

It's a bit horses for courses really

John

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
Thats interesting feedback. I'd always fancied it but was put off by bike fetishism eg recumbents and trikes etc.

A2B of old was bang on the money. Trains, folders, pededelecs and other useful well a2bey stuff. The alternative energy scene is not my cup of tea. I still love it but....

I reckon there is scope for some competition. Like A2B , but with a pure transport and utility focus. So ebikes ,folders, trailers, luggage, child and people transport, longbikes , bakefiets, city cycling.

If i had no comittments i'd be ever so tempted. Start small with a pdf style mag like citycycling. Maybe when the kids leave home.....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A2B - - - - - - The alternative energy scene is not my cup of tea. I still love it but....
I'll second that, if hasn't got wheels I'd rather not read about it in A to B.

Much of the alternative energy stuff they write on stays firmly in one place, never going from A to B.