Another newbie !

DavidN

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 14, 2020
Hi, looking at getting my first ebike mainly for commuting to work(12 mile round trip) and some leisurely Sunday runs. 56 now, reasonalably fit but a couple of steep hills on my work route and feel i need the assist from an ebike. Looking to spend around £1000. Im being drawn to the Carrera subway E which i can get for £949 from Halfords, i also like the look of the Woosh Faro which is actually a bit cheaper with the built in battery. One of the things that appeals with the Subway is i live 5 minutes from a Halfords so any issues can quickly be resolved. The one bummer is neither shop is on cyclescheme which i can get through work although i've discovered EnergySavingsTrust Scotland offer a 4 year interest free loan for ebike purchases so this is an option and i could spend a little more if needed. Appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks, David

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
They might be further away, but you may find issues are resolved quicker by Woosh than by Halfords.

In particular people with Crossfire have had lots of problems which Halfords have been not good at resolving. I'm not sure if the Subway shares the same Suntour system. (Crossfuse is totally different and good, but much more expensive)

Reactions: DavidN

DavidN

May 14, 2020
They might be further away, but you may find issues are resolved quicker by Woosh than by Halfords.

In particular people with Crossfire have had lots of problems which Halfords have been not good at resolving. I'm not sure if the Subway shares the same Suntour system. (Crossfuse is totally different and good, but much more expensive)
Ended up going for the Crossfuse, Halfords have it reduced from £1899 to £1599, i then paid £25 for a British cycling membership which got me another £160 off ! So £1450 ish for a bike that is well reviewed

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Hi pics please and a review first ride then say 1000 miles review, always useful for people considering purchasing the crossfuse. Get out and enjoy.

Reactions: budsy and DavidN

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Ended up going for the Crossfuse, Halfords have it reduced from £1899 to £1599, i then paid £25 for a British cycling membership which got me another £160 off ! So £1450 ish for a bike that is well reviewed
Lots of people see to agree the Crossfuse is a good bike. enjoy ... and post how you get on

Reactions: budsy and DavidN

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Hi strange thing is the well documented problems the crossfire and to lesser extent the Vulcan have, doesn't seem to manifest with the subway or crossroad or vengeance. Yet these bikes have the lesser quality components, display, battery, controllers etc.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
I personally wont pay online for a bike at such costs this when so many people have been done for a lotta money ..probably fine companies , but no one even has posted their pics of purchases with pics of invoice from firms
mentioned like Woosh etc

Be nice to see genuine pics of bikes purchased and where they were bought from and how long it took for arrival , and how much cost for the transporting the bike/s .

• Disagree
Reactions: Nealh

DavidN

May 14, 2020
I personally wont pay online for a bike at such costs this when so many people have been done for a lotta money ..probably fine companies , but no one even has posted their pics of purchases with pics of invoice from firms
mentioned like Woosh etc

Be nice to see genuine pics of bikes purchased and where they were bought from and how long it took for arrival , and how much cost for the transporting the bike/s .
Well im getting mines next Tuesday so i'll be sure to post some pics ! Im pretty sure a huge company like Halfords is a pretty safe site to buy from.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Budsy seems to have it in for some online buyers, you can be rest assured many many pedelecers have bought and uses Woosh on line services and not one has come on here to say they never got there purchase. Woosh are 100% reliable, I have used Woosh and have been fully refunded as well as the kit the failed GSM venture was faulty.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Well im getting mines next Tuesday so i'll be sure to post some pics ! Im pretty sure a huge company like Halfords is a pretty safe site to buy from.
Thats the thing is many top companys get their names copied from what look like genuine company/s and are not ..id much rather go into a store to purchase than purchase online > but hey all to their own .

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Budsy seems to have it in for some online buyers, you can be rest assured many many pedelecers have bought and uses Woosh on line services and not one has come on here to say they never got there purchase. Woosh are 100% reliable, I have used Woosh and have been fully refunded as well as the kit the failed GSM venture was faulty.
Back@ Nealh,
No your way out ^ your just being an idiot saying such ^ i lik many other people
within the UK and beyond have been done for online stores bfore
this way back when more so was not computer savvi ..

And not cycling stores online i add ^ ..but your only trying to twist a story from nothing
out of this u idiot > ive now put your mges so i cant view them from now bye :D

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: D C

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
This thread has went totally off track !
Due mainly to a new pleb user with an axe to grind and obviously an anger management problem.

• Agree

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I could have been mortally offended if I hadn't been born in Lancashire:)
I am partial to Haggis though, particularly if washed down with a large single malt.
With an attitude like that I have no room for him in my world.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A good buy David esp using your nounce to get the extra 10%, lets hope you have trouble free riding as Halfords are the sharpest knife in the box when it comes to warranty quick repairs.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
I am partial to Haggis though, particularly if washed down with a large single malt.
[/QUOTE
back @ DC ...Eh ?
I reckon its easy to just ignore a post and which im doing with you now is putting you on ignore list little one so meantime bye bye :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
He's not off to a good start is he.....

• :D

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
My Mother is English born also but so what does it really matter
as for Malt probs more likes u couldn't handle Malts as for haggis < enough said oops it does come from inside a sheeps gut.

And again your probs used to such sayings as your from the Cairngorms :D
as that's within the highland region, where its more so anti English
be honest about it , and for your info I also have no time for the likes of you
in my World trying to stir up .

DavidN

May 14, 2020
Well after much thought i cancelled the Crossfuse as i wanted to stick to my budget of around a grand and after a lot of research i plumped for this, the NCM Moscow. I think its a cracking looking bike and for the price of £1070 delivered its well worth it, gets great reviews.

Attachments

Kosh

May 28, 2020
Well after much thought i cancelled the Crossfuse as i wanted to stick to my budget of around a grand and after a lot of research i plumped for this, the NCM Moscow. I think its a cracking looking bike and for the price of £1070 delivered its well worth it, gets great reviews.
Hello
i bought moscow at the end of May .... very happy with it, very good value
IMG_20200529_141631528.jpg