Any interest in an eBike charging directory?

The Silverfox

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2021
Cardiff, UK
I am pretty new to eBiking, only having bought one and switched from a traditional bike a couple of weeks ago. I became aware recently that there was an attempt about 10 years ago by some members to create a website called CycleCharge to be a directory for businesses such as pubs, cafes, restaurants, etc. to offer battery charging but, as with many good ideas, was probably well before its time.

Now that eBike ownership is on the increase this may be the right time and I was wondering what sort of appetite there was for such a thing amongst the members of this Forum. Just to be clear, I am not looking for any investment or funding. I own a web development company and already have a platform that could be fairly easily adapted for this. I would see it being used by cyclists that need a quick charge of their battery where they would enter a location or postcode and it would show on a map any businesses, or even private individuals, in the vicinity that are happy to allow charging. It would benefit the businesses by giving them exposure and attracting custom and benefit eCyclists by taking away some of the range anxiety! I would imagine it would be rural or semi-rural locations that would most benefit from this on both sides.

I wouldn’t plan on making any charge to use it although if it were to grow and require additional resources then there would possibly have to be a small charge to the businesses to cover any overheads

I would be interested to hear any thoughts, positive or negative.