Anyone dealt with Electric Bike Sales?

Steve Bowles

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2018
St Leonards, England
Has anyone dealt with Electric Bike Sales, or Eddie the owner? I configured my bike on the R-M website, and then had the specs sent to this company for ordering. When I received the bike I had to have a mobile mechanic set up the bike because it hadn't been touch by the dealership. It cost me £50 which the dealer said they would pay, but didn't. I have reordered a bungie strap for my bike rack, through the same dealer (per R-M instructions), and paid the paypal invoice on 30th March. I have yet to receive the strap as of this date, and when I call the shop, they are closed (when by all accounts they should be open for business), or the owner is never there.

This company advertises on our forum, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this level of service, or is it just me?

unhappycustomer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 12, 2019
dont use wisper: After my complaints to Wisper about their lack of customer support or technical support I have just had someone from Wisper call me ranting, swearing and being abusive on the phone, the company are a joke and he is upset by negative Facebook comments. Taken 10 days and countless emails and still nothing resolved. his number is [personal mobile number removed by admin], this man is the rudest man I have ever spoken to and is a discredit to any company. AVOID WISPER LIKE the plague as customer service is rubbish and not fit for purpose

Last edited by a moderator:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
dont use wisper: After my complaints to Wisper about their lack of customer support or technical support I have just had someone from Wisper call me ranting, swearing and being abusive on the phone, the company are a joke and he is upset by negative Facebook comments. Taken 10 days and countless emails and still nothing resolved. his number is 07733 226906, this man is the rudest man I have ever spoken to and is a discredit to any company. AVOID WISPER LIKE the plague as customer service is rubbish and not fit for purpose
Hi Chaps,

Bike dealers be advised Mr Nayler is a dramatically difficult man to deal with. He has been in touch with our support department regarding a problem with a pedal and was told that he should really deal with the dealer he bought the bike from, but of course we would help. He told us that the bike was bought second hand off eBay. “No problem” we said but it could take a few days to get his problem resolved.

Two days later Mr Naylor started trolling us on social media leaving over 20 very rude and nasty posts all left in the space of 20 minutes.

Furious! Yes I was beyond furious, I was apoplectic! And yes I was rude.

As you all all know, I am always ready to help and we go beyond our duty to make sure customers are happy. But when someone who buys second hand off ebay is offered help, even if a little slow, starts trolling I do get very, very upset.

I am still willing to assist Mr Naylor, and have told him I need a call and an apology before we proceed.

All the best, David

Last edited:

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
He certainly is a prat having decided it was ok too vent his spleen on my for sale add, as regard Wisper bikes i have always found them courteous and helpful and my bike very reliable.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
dont use wisper: After my complaints to Wisper about their lack of customer support or technical support I have just had someone from Wisper call me ranting, swearing and being abusive on the phone, the company are a joke and he is upset by negative Facebook comments. Taken 10 days and countless emails and still nothing resolved. his number is[] this man is the rudest man I have ever spoken to and is a discredit to any company. AVOID WISPER LIKE the plague as customer service is rubbish and not fit for purpose
Do you realise that Wisper are under no obligation whatsoever to assist you?

Based on the evidence that I have read they are a company that goes above and beyond to support owners of their bikes even when they have no legal obligation to do so.

May be a good idea if you ring them back, eat a bit of humble pie and hope you haven't burnt that bridge.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Mr Naylor has just txtd me to say that Ahe doesn’t want to deal with me or my company again.

It’s genuinely very sad that he can’t bring himself to call. We would be pleased to help him get a new pedal.

All the best, David

Reactions: flecc

Steve Bowles

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2018
St Leonards, England
I thought going through the dealer the bike was purchased from was standard operating procedure. I don't have any ill will towards my dealer, I just wish their customer service for online customers was better. They get rave reviews from the local customers of Cambridge, and aside from not having my bike prepped before I received it -- not the worst thing that could have happened.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Mr Naylor has just txtd me to say that Ahe doesn’t want to deal with me or my company again.

It’s genuinely very sad that he can’t bring himself to call. We would be pleased to help him get a new pedal.
Don't be too concerned David, it's probably for the best.

Mr Naylor is clearly someone who doesn't appreciate that there are two parties to a good customer relationship, and that both need to play their part in a spirit of understanding and co-operation for the best outcome.

Fortunately we in here know that the service you and your company have given for the whole 12 year life of this forum has been exceptional and often far beyond the call of duty.

Would that all companies be anywhere near as good.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

unhappycustomer

Apr 12, 2019
Hi, Thank you for all of your comments, yes I bought the bicycle from EBay for £535.00 and have been happy with the bicycle over the last 10 months or so, when the pedal fell off, my only intention was to get it fixed, I knew the warranty or guarantee had ran out and was only after technical advise on how I went ahead with the repair so I could ensure I purchased the correct parts from Wisper and of course I was willing to pay for this and any repairs if the repairs were deemed required by a dealer/bike shop. I first made contact with wisper 10 days ago and the following day received a call requesting £53.00, I explained that I would like to speak to someone as I wasn't sure if this was something I could do myself and details of which parts I needed, I was told to contact technical support. On contacting technical support I only received a reply asking where I had bought the bike and when I mentioned I had bought it from EBay the emails were no longer answered. After more delays and other emails I sent, I decided on putting some comments on facebook explaining how dissatisfied I was with Wisper products and their technical support, I realise I went a little over the top but at least I did get a response. And what a response I got, a full minute of expletives, the F word the C word repeatedly from the foul mouthed person.

• Disagree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's an easy repair, any local bike shop could have done that for you in a few minutes. Best forget all about this story.

If the thread on the crank has not been damaged, you just refit the pedals. They need to be well tightened though. I always put a little bit of grease on the thread, engage the pedal at least 5 turns by fingers before tightening with a 15mm spanner with a long handle.
If the thread is damaged, you'll need new cranks.
You can get help for any problem with your e-bike here, plenty of good souls can give you a hand.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Is that a fact! so explain why you felt it necessary to post on my for sale add for a Wisper slagging them off? Wisper have got a good reputation on here and you come on ranting about bad service on a bike you bought off Ebay without giving the full facts ie your fakebook posts what the problem was etc.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Is that a fact! so explain why you felt it necessary to post on my for sale add for a Wisper slagging them off? Wisper have got a good reputation on here and you come on ranting about bad service on a bike you bought off Ebay without giving the full facts ie your fakebook posts what the problem was etc.
Because as we’ve seen before there is a certain section of society that buy cheap then throw their toys out of the pram when good people who are doing their best to run a business don’t jump to attention to deal with their little problem and then post all over social media comments which can have a significant effect on a hard working person’s business.
We’ve seen it before on here and we’ll see it again.

unhappycustomer

Apr 12, 2019
it's an easy repair, any local bike shop could have done that for you in a few minutes. Best forget all about this story.

If the thread on the crank has not been damaged, you just refit the pedals. They need to be well tightened though. I always put a little bit of grease on the thread, engage the pedal at least 5 turns by fingers before tightening with a 15mm spanner with a long handle.
If the thread is damaged, you'll need new cranks.
You can get help for any problem with your e-bike here, plenty of good souls can give you a hand.
Hi, thank you for your reply, The threads to the crank were the pedal fits in are damaged, so I need a crank and replacement pedal. I only wanted to know from Wisper whether I needed a full replacement both sides crank or just the right hand side. It would have probably taken a few moments to provide this information but has escalated into this. In the 10 months of owning the bike I have used it to go too and from work most days and have been quite happy with the bike until the pedal fell off. Had my intital query for some information been dealt with satisfactory then nothing would have escalated to this extent and if Mr Wisper is unhappy, then apologise and for my remarks on his facebook page. All I ever wanted was some information on how to fix my pedal, did I need any special tools, did it require experts to do, and which parts I needed to replace to make the bike work again. I have taken it to a local bike shop and they cannot order the necessary parts from Wisper as they don't have an account with Wisper, so I still have a bicycle with only one functioning peddle and I have successfully managed to anger many for which I apologise, I just wanted my bicycle to work and definitely did not want to get in to any long running feuds or upset anybody and again I apologise to any persons that have been upset. I will try to get it fixed at another shop and if this is unsuccessful I shall just buy another electric bike from a different manufacturer and put my broken one on Ebay. Through the two companies that I own, we deal with over 10,000 satisfied customers each year, so I understand that good customer service is paramount, it would be nice if others could do this.

unhappycustomer

Apr 12, 2019
Sorry

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
why not just look on you tube as there are only about 100 million on there on how to do it.:D

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I only wanted to know from Wisper whether I needed a full replacement both sides crank or just the right hand side
you should replace the whole crankset if the thread cannot be salvaged.
You don't need to replace it with the same crankset, you can replace the damaged one with a better one.
Count the number of teeth (typically 44T) on the chainring then post the information here.
You do need some tools to do this, they only cost a couple of Pounds.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bicycle-Cycle-Bike-Crankset-Crank-Arm-Puller-Repair-Remover-Removal-Tool-Black/312439749682