Anyone done...

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
.....Mabie Forest, Dalbeattie, Glentress and Kirroughtree on their eMTB ? Did you enjoy it and how was it if you did ?
We are off to do some of the 7 Stanes at the beginning of June. We did Ae forest and Drumlanrig Castle last time round. Drumlanrig was quite hard going as it was very wet and old skool. Ae was good fun.
Dom x

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
Dom, the 7 Stanes are generally easier than Drumlanrig which I like but it is tricky. I have done them all on a non E bike and only Glentress and Innerleithen on my Emtb and they were superb. I cannot see why they would not be good rides, enjoy.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Thanks Tom for the reply.
It must be nice living up there with them all not so far away.
Me and hubby tend to go to Wales a lot as it's a wee bit closer. Coed Llandegla being closest and quite a bit of fun.
I'm looking forward to it, Innerleithen is probably way past any abilities I've got.
I have a degree of confidence, but I'm not the big jumps type of gal, being 53, I'm more than likely to break than bounce.
I'm looking forward to it.

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
Man up Dom ;-) I am a septuagenarian. Innerleithen is not all full-on and there are options. Another possibility is Ae forest? Glen Trool is close to Kirroughtree and it has a cycling loop that is benign. Whichever you choose, enjoy.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
I've done Ae and that was really enjoyable, lots of fun. Glentrool doesn't appeal to hubby, but it does to me so may just have to persuade him.
Thanks once again. If that's your age then I'll go man up a bit ;)

Related Articles

Advertisers