Anyone got a Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 29 ?

D

Deleted member 4366

The Bosch system is the same on any Bosch-motored bike with a rear derailleur. You should be able to judge the rest of the bike by its components.The forks are nothing special, the gears are medium and the brakes are not bad. It'll be great on the road, but I'd want better forks for anything serious off-road. It looks pretty good value, if that's the type of bike you want. You can pay a lot more and get a bike with better component, but it's a law of diminishing returns. You can pay £500 and get a bike with exactly the same motor and electrical system, but it'll have a saddle that springs up to crush your nuts when you pull a lever, which cripples you. For some people, it's important to have things like that.

Elecman

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2012
I like the Bosch system, and Cube seem to have a good rep regarding bikes, not sure I want a saddle that springs up to crush your nuts when you pull a lever though - so I might deselect that particular option when it come time to order. I think they have some in stock near me, so I might go and try one out.

Elecman

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2012
Ive noticed on the Hybrid race there is remote lock-out for the shox, as well as the Bosch Performance Cruise motor rather than the Active Cruise, which according to Bosch Website can add 25% more support (275% vs 250%) and 60NM vs 48NM of torque. The bike is approx £2300. Not sure what difference this makes on the road ? Might see if I can get a go on one.
Still no leaver that make the seatpost slide up and punch you in the ****** though......

D

Deleted member 4366

The bike is approx £2300. Not sure what difference this makes on the road ? Might see if I can get a go on one.
Still no leaver that make the seatpost slide up and punch you in the ****** though......
£1700 to £2300. A couple more steps and you're there at £5000. Then you can have one and be the envy of everybody on the forum.

Elecman

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2012
Managed to get a quick go on the Cube.
It's a nice bike to ride, but I have to admit I wasn't so impressed with the 2014 Bosch motor. Not sure if it's because it is so smooth, or if it was just this motor, but it felt clunky and under-powered compared to other ebikes I have tried, especially hub motors suprisingly. I have tried a 2013 Bosch motor on a KTM that definitely had more of a 'Kick' to it.
I've decided the only way I'm going to get what I want is to build a kit and modify a bike that I like - but at least it's good to try other bikes and see whats about.

ray74

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
this is very interesting, I rode a moustache samedi 27/9 yesterday and that had the latest 2014 bosch performance motor on it and it felt amazing to ride then I took out the silver model that had the active motor with the lower nm torque and I could definitely tell the difference (but still better and more powerful than my 15nm cyclotricity kit).

I was looking at this bike to but certain thing put me off like the forks and the gearing but definitely looks great value for money.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
The 2014 Bosch performance motor is more powerful than the 2013 motor, more torque 60nm versus 48nm and 275% assistance versus 250%. It is also smoother which may explain why it feels less powerful. I would suggest trying Panasonic hub drive on some KTM bikes, it is my personal favourite :)