Anyone got a Garmin Edge?

MikeFB

Pedelecer
Jun 25, 2020
Bought a used Garmin Edge 705 of ebay. Seems to work fine. Thought I'd test it out today as I had to go somewhere in the car (no cycling today).

My question is, can and how can I get better maps. All I could see were the main roads and no details, no side roads, but just a few A and B roads? as far as I could see when I got to my destination (in the middle of a housing estate), I was like a 1/2 mile from any road according to the map, although the location looked spot on, just looked like I was in my car in the middle of nowhere?

Also my intended use is too use it for local off-road trail riding, do you think I made the right choice? any advice is much appreciated, as I haven't a clue were start with this. Actually that's a lie as I have made a Garmin connect account, but that's it.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Found this on the net if its of use..
Navigate Your Ride
Lose yourself in the ride without losing your way. Edge 705 comes with a built-in basemap, plus it has a microSD™ card slot for adding map detail and storing workouts, courses and saved rides. Just plug in detailed MapSource® City Navigator® street maps on a preloaded data card and get turn-by-turn directions on a sunlight-readable, colour display as you pedal. Add optional topo mapping for your off-road adventures. Edge snaps easily into the included bike mount to guide you to your destination.

Advertisers