Anyone know of an Electric Bike Shop near Preston/Lancashire ?

Tubamanandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Looking for a decent electric bike shop in Lancashire (ideally near Preston) to have a look at some Kudos/KTM/Woosh models if possible - I am willing to travel

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Tubamanandy.....Kudos have a dealer Blackpool Electric Bikes,not sure how much stock he has.....KTM is well stocked down South,the London Electric Bike Company has a good selection of KTM.....Woosh has no dealers,internet only sale from Southend.
What you have identified is one of the big problem of the distribution of electric bikes in the UK.....to have a reasonable choice you do need to have 20 bikes minimum in stock and 30 is ideal.
I find myself recommending a trip down to London where I know you will get a good choice but I respect it's a long way to travel to try a bike.
KudosDave

Chris the Sheep

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2013
Re Blackpool Electric Bikes, I haven't been in the shop even though it's half a mile from me, but when I was looking around they were really quick and helpful in replying to emails - certainly worth getting in touch. There are usually half a dozen or so bikes on display outside the shop, which is next to Anchorsholme Lane tram stop. It's also a long-established fishing tackle shop, so if you do visit you're looking for 'West Coast Tackle'!

Reactions: Kudoscycles

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Tubamanandy.....Kudos have a dealer Blackpool Electric Bikes,not sure how much stock he has.....KTM is well stocked down South,the London Electric Bike Company has a good selection of KTM.....Woosh has no dealers,internet only sale from Southend.
What you have identified is one of the big problem of the distribution of electric bikes in the UK.....to have a reasonable choice you do need to have 20 bikes minimum in stock and 30 is ideal.
I find myself recommending a trip down to London where I know you will get a good choice but I respect it's a long way to travel to try a bike.
KudosDave
If I remember correctly, did you not at one time suggest how people like Tubamanandy could try other members bikes? He needs someone close to, to offer him a ride. We need a list of willing folk.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
If I remember correctly, did you not at one time suggest how people like Tubamanandy could try other members bikes? He needs someone close to, to offer him a ride. We need a list of willing folk.
Croxden.....it was a good idea but hard to put members together,perhaps you could suggest it to Helen to put together a directory of willing members...it still has the problem of only one bike to ride,you really need a choice of bikes to offer alternatives to compare.
KudosDave

Tubamanandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
I ride past that fishing tackle shop every day - didnt know they also sold e-bikes. I will call in tomorrow for a look - thanks guys.