Anyone ordered from Deruiz via Amazon?

Peddlin' Pedro

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
West Sussex, UK
Need a BBSHD relatively quickly with costs known up front (business purchase), i.e. none of the 'VAT/no VAT' gamble on imports. Hunting around turned up Deruiz on Amazon marketplace. Anyone used them or know anyone who has? Thanks

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
If you want one quickly with no fuss, buy from a UK seller. not much of a saving on import now.
If you are feeling lucky.

Last edited:

Peddlin' Pedro

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
West Sussex, UK
If you want one quickly with no fuss, buy from a UK seller. not much of a saving on import now.
If you are feeling lucky.
Thanks for that. The Deruiz offering is still £60 cheaper than the cheapest UK option though. Should also be free of import issues, though waiting for confirmation on that. Most stuff through Amazon's international sales channel seems to get through without issue.

And good find on the used one but I'm definitely not feeling that lucky

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Thanks for that. The Deruiz offering is still £60 cheaper than the cheapest UK option though. Should also be free of import issues, though waiting for confirmation on that. Most stuff through Amazon's international sales channel seems to get through without issue.

And good find on the used one but I'm definitely not feeling that lucky
Deruiz feedback is not great from what I read on their Amazon site. Most Chinese sellers will say anything to get a sale, so I would take what they say with a pinch of salt, they have no control over what happens at UK customs on items over £135, so £60 becomes small bananas if you are caught, there's no guarantee that you won't. comes back to are you feeling lucky?

Peddlin' Pedro

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
West Sussex, UK
Deruiz feedback is not great from what I read on their Amazon site. Most Chinese sellers will say anything to get a sale, so I would take what they say with a pinch of salt, they have no control over what happens at UK customs on items over £135, so £60 becomes small bananas if you are caught, there's no guarantee that you won't. comes back to are you feeling lucky?
Yep, well aware of the general approach to sales over there, though to be fair some do seem to try to play it straight. The Amazon sales channel model essentially puts it into a UK outlet, so no additional VAT, but turns out that's not the case with Deruiz so probably won't chance it. I've had big orders (just under a grand) breeze through and then been caught on stuff that's just a few quid over the threshold so I don't assume anything.

Footapper

Just Joined
Oct 22, 2020
Hi Guys not sure if this is the right place to ask this but can somebody tell me what is the relationship between Deruiz and Befang cant seem to find the answer any ware else