Anyone out there running Solid Tires?

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
After my second puncture in as many weeks, i've now fitted solids, Greentires, to my beasty. The simulated 55psi ride is a bit rougher, but its made up for with my new peace of mind, knowing i'll never have to worry about another flat. Also with each trip the tires are getting a tad softer, i.e more comfortable. Is there anyone else with the same setup?

Last edited:

Footie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2007
Cornwall. PL27
I have a question on your new solid tyres, if you don't mind me asking.
How is the issue with tread wearing dealt with?
Could get a bit dicey in wet weather with low tread :eek:
And of course eventually, the tyres will wear bold will they not.
Or are you assuming the tyres will out last you ;)

C

Cyclezee

Hi Ajax and welcome. Firstly, excuse my ignorance, I know absolutely nothing about solid tyres, I didn't even know you could still buy them:eek:
I for one would like to know more;)
I think you will get quite a lot of response if you post this topic in the Electric Bicycles section.

John

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
I have a question on your new solid tyres, if you don't mind me asking.
How is the issue with tread wearing dealt with?
Could get a bit dicey in wet weather with low tread :eek:
And of course eventually, the tyres will wear bold will they not.
Or are you assuming the tyres will out last you ;)
Well this is really a question for cheap skates looking to save on the pennies. If i were in that catergory i wouldn't have purchased a £600 bike. There again maybe i am too tight to afford a £1000 bike. :) At the end of the day its really about the inconvenience of punctures.

If 10 years from now i find the tire is wearing thin, then i'll of course replace it, assuming i've not got a chauffeur to drive me about, or a nurse to push my wheel chair. :)

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
Hi Ajax and welcome. Firstly, excuse my ignorance, I know absolutely nothing about solid tyres, I didn't even know you could still buy them:eek:
I for one would like to know more;)
I think you will get quite a lot of response if you post this topic in the Electric Bicycles section.

John
Thanks for the tip John, i'll just pop over there now with the thread and perhaps a futher elaboration of the question.

Advertisers