Anyone own a Giant Entour E+ 1?

Stumac62

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2019
Good morning.

I'm currently researching online for my first electric bike and going to test ride a Giant Entour E+1 next week - chosen mainly because the nearest shop to me stock these and I bought my last bike from them (back in 2005!) and this bike fits my £2,000 - £2,300 budget.

I just wondered if anyone here owns one of these or has an e-bike with the Yamaha 60Nm motor?

I like the look of the Cube touring bikes but can't find a 'local' dealer within 20 miles to get a test ride - nearest seems to be Horsham in Sussex - I'm in Tonbridge, Kent.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback, reviews etc.

Thanks,
Stu.

Woodnut

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 6, 2017
East Sussex
Probably a bit late now,but only just seen your post.My wife and I both ride the 2018 E+1, step thru version with Shimano Nexus 8 Hub gear. We purchased two fairly basic and cheap Powabykes in 2017, to see if E biking was for us. As it was, we decided last August to upgrade to something better, hence the change to the E +1. There is a notable improvement in quality, the bikes are well built (and heavy).

Coming from the front hub motor of the Powabykes, the crank motor is notably superior, feels more natural and better up hills, which for us was the main point of the exercise. We live in a very hilly part of Sussex but have no problems with any of them on this bike.If like us you buy the one with Nexus Gears, they take a little bit of getting used to, but they have the advantage of being enclosed and supposedly maintenance free. Though described as a city bike,we use them for weekend leisure through hilly Sussex, trips of up to 30m typically and they are perfect for us.

There is a helpful review on E Bike Tips of the 2018 E+2, which is fairly similar:
https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/reviews/electric-city-bikes/giant-entour-e-2-1669

Reactions: Stumac62