Anyone own a SONY NW-A45 Walkman?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Anyone running one of these music players, same as the one in link below?

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-and-headphones/audio/ipods-and-mp3-players/sony-nw-a45-walkman-touchscreen-mp3-player-with-fm-radio-16-gb-black-10176996-pdt.html

I would like to know of any experience with its gapless playback capabilities. Specifically live albums, which can be ruined by the pauses that some players create between tracks.
Hi I have both the Sony A25 and also the Sony a35 .. not A45 . I do not understand this alleged problem about gapped and gapless feedback.. . The two machines have no problems in storing music cds in FLAC or any of a wide range of other digital formats, using the Sony software on a pc ...it can even pick up music via iTunes in the AAC format.. I have also recorded hour long concerts via audicity,and stored them ini FLAC format. .. there are no hesitations, glitches, hiccups in playback either through the headphones or direct audio connection or via a laptop and external DAC with the Sony serving as a hard disk..
Now as I understand it, the only difference between the A35 and A45 is that the latter has a direct DAC function, nice perhaps, but not worth upgrading for...

Reactions: Fordulike

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I do not understand this alleged problem about gapped and gapless feedback..
The problem with hearing the gaps between tracks varies from DAP to DAP. A poorly implemented gapless system is most noticeable on albums such as Pink Floyd's The Wall and Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. My current Fiio X3 does gapless perfectly on these albums, but as I want to move on to wireless, the Sony is on my list due to the LDAC wireless transfer.

Another expensive hobby that I need to hide from the wife :eek:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The problem with hearing the gaps between tracks varies from DAP to DAP. A poorly implemented gapless system is most noticeable on albums such as Pink Floyd's The Wall and Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. My current Fiio X3 does gapless perfectly on these albums, but as I want to move on to wireless, the Sony is on my list due to the LDAC wireless transfer.

Another expensive hobby that I need to hide from the wife :eek:
Like I said the first has never been s problem for me ,and I would include listening to full symphonies,which are probably longer than those pop concerts,you refer to.
The only caveat,is that I rarely use LDAC or Bluetooth and use wired transmission instead.. the second problem, .. well you are on your own there!

Advertisers