Anyone want to share a set of panniers?

I think I may have the answer!

I have been given someone's bike collection to sell. Amongst it is a pair of these panniers in yellow. They are worn, but work perfectly.

Send me a PM or call us on 01904 500022 and I'm sure we can sort a very sensible price.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
You can buy very similar panniers from LIDL for less than £20.
Most of my bike kit has come from Lidl and Aldi and works very well but the panniers I've seen in there are nowhere near the standard of Ortlieb roll tops. I've tried three sets and the only ones that have lasted well and been properly waterproof are my heavy duty roll tops, not Ortlieb but Agu copies for a similar price. If you need top performance from panniers then there won't be a lot of change from £100.
That doesn't mean the Lidl ones are rubbish and on close inspection they look quite good, they are a lot lighter material and I think I would have worn them out quite soon as I did with two other sets.

Bob_about

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2009
Warks/Glos Border
I have other Ortleib kit to support my Kayaking obsession so am familiar with their quality and am happy to pay their prices. Waterproof with Ortleib tend to mean waterproof (unless your forget to clip it up and leave your sandwiches in the back of the boat while letting it get full of water due to inept paddling in a tricky rapid - but then no dry bag works in that situation!)

My reason for posting was that I only really need one and so paying £100 to have £50 of it stay in the cupboard seemed a little silly if some one else was in a similar position!

Inno-cycle you have pm - depending on amout of wear a good second hand set could well be a good immediate solution.

Thanks for looking

Bob_about

tagray

Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2007
That doesn't mean the Lidl ones are rubbish and on close inspection they look quite good, they are a lot lighter material and I think I would have worn them out quite soon as I did with two other sets.
Hi, Mussels, it will take a lot of replacements to meet the cost of the Ortlieb bags. Mine have a tough life and often come off worst when I come off the bike so its good not to have too much invested in them! Actually, I also use an incredibly light Halfords set on my other bike. They aren't waterproof but they are exactly the right size to take my briefcase and by using a waterproof inner (also Halfords £5.00) I have surfed the monsoons of South Yorkshire without damaging my documents etc.

Trevor