August Customer Offer, News & Reviews, Stolen Bikes Alert

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Fresh reviews, new Friends & Family discount code and keep 'em peeled for stolen Kalkhoffs

Kalkhoff's latest models are making headlines and grabbing front pages lately.

The 2016 Kalkhoff Integrale 8 LTD is the cover star of the current issue of the revamped Electric Bike Magazine.
It has earned its place with its massive power and state-of-the-art navigation capability, as well as its good looks. We still have a small number of this one-off edition of this model left in stock.

We also feature inside with a full page advert and a contribution from Lucy, Glastonbury Festival's Green Initiative Coordinator, on why the organisers and security teams use our electric bikes in the run-up to the event.

"They are perfect in the field when there are a smaller number of people on site and you get to fly around from place to place without the restrictions of a clunky Land Rover.
"Also, as your energy levels deplete as the show draws closer to its last day, the electric gives you the extra boost you need to get up those hills back to office", explained Lucy after this year's Festival.

Kalkhoff Integrale makes journalist King of the Mountain
Another Kalkhoff Integrale made a big impression on Oliver Bridgewood from Cycling Weekly. It also made him King of the Kitzbuheler Horn in the Austrian Alps for a day. Oliver's report is an interesting insight into the mindset of the competitive road cyclist, those who live or die on Strava, and how electric bikes have the power to stir things up.

You can read his full report here .

Finally, US website Electric Bike Review took the 2015 Tasman Classic out for a video review, awarded it 9.5 out of 10, saying "this bike is awesome... and pretty. It's in a class of its own in the US right now" (and everywhere else).

We have this model in stock in red, black and white. You can watch the review on our Tasman Classic Page .

Most satisying of all have been the most recent customer reviews you've sent in, here are three of the latest, all for in-stock models.

Pro Connect Impulse 10

"Well I took the plunge having read practically every review. I ordered the Pro connect impulse 10 this Monday and took delivery today. I would simply say the reviews are correct, the service by 50 cycles was very good and the bike goes like a rocket. Even without a battery/motor it's quick add the power I managed 18MPH on the first trip and I've been off a bike due to illness for a year. I suspect when I get fitter, the ride is going to get better. Brilliant."

Pro Connect Impulse 9

"The bike is a delight to look at and a pleasure to ride... regularly going out 3 times a week. In 2 months I have done over 600 miles. I live in a fairly hilly area and a 30 miles ride uses less than half the battery... I cannot praise the staff at Loughborough highly enough. All in all this is one of the best buys I have ever made."

Jarifa 27R 2.0

"All in all this bikes epic and fast, ok you need to pedal a bit but come on it's a bike so it's supposed to happen. Anyone interested in getting one really should go ahead as it's just brilliant fun on two wheels. I really can't wait for work tomorrow and I've never said that in my life. When the weekend comes I'm going to hit some serious trails. My advise is get one and be extremely happy you won't regret it."

£100 Owners' Friends & Family Discount FFAUG15

Bought a bike recently or a long-time owner? Do you know someone who might enjoy riding an e-bike too? What if you could recommend one of our bikes and even offer a way to save a few pounds? Quite a few, actually.

You can! We've created a voucher code you can share that's worth £100 off any Kalkhoff electric bike model from now until the end of August 2015. The code is FFAUG15 and is valid on any order including an electric bike ordered through our website, over the telephone or in one of our 50cycles showrooms. If you have any problem with using the code on our website, please call 0333 900 5050 and we'll help you apply it to your order.

We are issuing this code on the understanding you are already a 50cycle customer and own a Kalkhoff electric bike or pedal cycle, and you will share it with close friends and family but that it is not for general distribution online or in social media.

Finally... stolen bikes alert

We've had a bit of bad luck with stolen bikes this week. First, a shipment from Germany of 55 bikes was robbed in East Anglia, with 23 taken.

The following day a air of opportunist thieves walked into our shop and out again with a black Sahel Compact - we caught that on our own shop cameras, with clear images of both their faces. This is the first demo bike we've had stolen in the 12 year we've been in business.

Please be on the lookout for Kalkhoff bikes appearing for sale through unusual channels - gumtree, ebay, car boot sales, markets... if it's too good to be true, it's probably stolen. Please drop us a line with a link or other information and we'll follow it up.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
May be worth uploading the best quality picture of those thieves. I'm in Bristol and if I had anything other than this smudge to go on then i'm in with a chance..!