Back to Pedelecs with a bump!

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
Still enjoying e-biking on my Proconnect S. I have been reading Pedelec. Forums on and off but took a break from posting. After being made redundant I concentrated on finding another job and settling in. Now driving a bit more due to family circumstances requiring dads taxi!
2013 commuting season now underway but this morning I had my first tumble from a bike in 35 years after getting hit by a car on my way to work! Just as well it was in a 20 mph zone. Even more importantly, despite the clattering sound of the impact there was no damage to my bike, just a small graze on my middle finger and a couple of dents in my sunglasses case which was in my coat pocket.
The lady driver said she did not expect me to go past the parked van, but I was passed it at the momemt her car collided with me! She had to stop because she had no exit route with prevailing traffic. I think I got off with a lucky escape considering I was not wearing a cycling helmet.
My e-bike is still performing well after 4 years, with. a forced change in jobs etc. commuting by bike has reduced substantially from when I purchased the bike and to date I have only cycled just over 1700 miles. Appart from previously reported bike rack problem which 50 cycles replaced under warranty everything else is still original. No problems, no punctures though I had feared that some problem would have resulted from todays impact. Last year I replaced the battery in the cycle computer and was surprised that it had maintained mileage settings etc. another plus for Kalkhoff.
One of the biggest changes I have noticed since my last posting is there is a few more e-bikes on the streets.
Another point worth mentioning is the battery is still holding out well after 4 years.

Advertisers