Bad battery from AliExpress.com

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk

Hi all as some of you know I had big problem with a battery from AlliExpress a 48V 30Ah battery which only lasted 8 months
But I cant believe how I have been treated by AliExpress I have sent the seller several messages, Plus e-mails, also AliExpress have also, But get no response at all. I paid 176GBP for this battery, it was for my electric moped. which now has to be sold as spares.

I was typing to a human agent several times. like here

agent.jpg

but now everytime I click on agent I get this >>>>> no customer service

anyone here knows how to get to chat to someone on AliExpress please let me know

I have the e-mail addy of the seller who I bought battery from, But just cant make out why I dont get a reply

I still have my moped. as no hurry to sell as spares, But it looks as if I am getting no joy from AliExpress no more too.

Last edited:

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi all as some of you know I had big problem with a battery from AlliExpress a 48V 30Ah battery which only lasted 8 months
But I cant believe how I have been treated by AliExpress I have sent the seller several messages, Plus e-mails, also AliExpress have also, But get no response at all. I paid 176GBP for this battery, it was for my electric moped. which now has to be sold as spares.

I was typing to a human agent several times. like here

View attachment 48217

but now everytime I click on agent I get this >>>>> no customer service

anyone here knows how to get to chat to someone on AliExpress please let me know

I have the e-mail addy of the seller who I bought battery from, But just cant make out why I dont get a reply

I still have my moped. as no hurry to sell as spares, But it looks as if I am getting no joy from AliExpress no more too.
May I ask you to edit the title of this subject, so that it contains more relevant information to do with the name of the supplier, and any other pertinant data, so as to allow Pedelec members, especially new ones, to avoid that problem like the plague?
If not possible, perhaps you could open a new one, with all the relevant subject matter.
regards
Andy

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
May I ask you to edit the title of this subject, so that it contains more relevant information to do with the name of the supplier, and any other pertinant data, so as to allow Pedelec members, especially new ones, to avoid that problem like the plague?
If not possible, perhaps you could open a new one, with all the relevant subject matter.
regards
Andy

is that much better

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id get over it they know that you dont have a leg to stand on so wont reply it is just the risk you take when buying direct from china.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
id get over it they know that you dont have a leg to stand on so wont reply it is just the risk you take when buying direct from china.

Well Like I said above Im no hurry to sell moped as spares. But Guess you are right. I just thought I would keep trying for help, But it seems they wont let me chat to an agent no more. I will sell moped soon but like i said its not doing any harm in shed, but best to see about selling it soon

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
To sell you a 30Ah 48v battery, ship it across the world, cover taxes/ import duty at £176 that's very cheap, hence the seller either is using cheap recycled potentially used cells, or the build quality is cheap and rushed or they have little overheads, and their customer service is non existent.. that's why the equivalent battery from the uk or EU supplier who uses quality cells, good build , with good customer care would be at least twice as much if not more.
It's a risk buying from AliExpress. I have bought 3 batteries and 2 motors, all well priced, but I have checked customer feedback, number of sales of the item, have emailed seller before purchase, all of these things can help you decide if the seller can be trusted...but even then, it's not to be expected I'd get the same level of service if something went wrong months down the line... it's the risk you take, be prepared to walk away or buy from a reputable uk seller if you want piece of mind and good aftersales

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
there is also a hidden risk, totally not of your doing but nevertheless it's your responsibility.
Lots of Chinese suppliers declare on the commercial invoice a fictitious amount, like $60 for a battery so that your import tax bill is smaller and therefore, makes their goods look cheaper. If C&E or Border Force pick your parcel up for checking (about 3% probability), telling Border Force that you did not ask for it makes no difference. They will give you a substantial fine and possibly a prosecution.
Not every Chinese supplier does that though. I bought from bmsbattery.com in the past and found them trustworthy.

• Agree
Reactions: PC2017

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
I bought a controller from aliexpress, the controllers is fine but on arrival it had a receipt inside that claimed the controller was $5 value yet I paid VAT on the item on the aliexpress site which is meant to be paid to our exchequer. Seems like aliexpress is either fraudulently operating and not paying tax or supplier's haven't got out of the habit of doing fake invoices.

There is little support on aliexpress they have almost no customer service and you are reliant on protection through your credit card if you buy a more expensive item. I strongly recommend using a credit card with good buyer protection. I have two credit cards, one is Amazon and they make claiming easy and have been brilliant in contrast Halifax are abysmal for buyer protection even for very easy cases and cannot recommend them. Saying that I've claimed perhaps twice with aliexpress perhaps on 150-200 transactions through my credit card and perhaps 4 times through aliexpress and most of those were non-arrivals.

I'd personally rate aliexpress customer service as abysmal they make contacting them extremely difficult and they make unfair decisions much of the time and many of the sellers on aliexpress are blatantly dishonest in the way they advertise their products and aliexpress seem complicit with this.

I think it should be made more clear that aliexpress are a high risk supplier. I use them all the time and very happy with what I bought overall but for those expecting good customer service and spending hundreds of pounds perhaps should look elsewhere. However remember even ebay is only like 3 months official protection. It's only really Amazon that offers slightly better protection but even they are reluctant to deal with marketplace sellers. Credit card protection seems like the only real protection, they are jointly liable for purchases over £100 and to be honest I find Amazon credit card happy to deal with issues under £100 too even if they aren't legally obliged to. Amazon credit card ends in January but there is a new card I will probably switch to called pulse that takes over. Sounds like for 3 months there will be 1% cashback so worth getting on board early. The card is operated by NewDay.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Yes AliExpress are totally useless for customer support. I had found out ages ago how to get to chat to a human. and I have chatted to at least 8 agents. whom all have said they will help me, as its not right about my battery. But each one has lied. one even said they have e-mailed the seller, also I have too. but nothing at all. and now everytime I try to chat to an agent. I get this, so its obvious they have stopped me contacting agents. so I am stuck, cant do sod all now. I am closing my account with them now just waiting for my last item to arrive, then thats it. if anyone knows how to contact them please post here.

2022-07-31_101401.jpg

2022-07-31_101447.jpg

Reactions: StuartsProjects

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
The name of the supplier on AliExpress has still not been stated. This info. would be very helpful to alert readers to avoid the particular suppler.

Reactions: Bonzo Banana

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The trick with Aliexpress is to only buy non expensive buys or be willing to take the hit should an issue arise, it is a buyer beware experience.

• Agree
Reactions: PC2017

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is the official Littokala store.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
It is the official Littokala store.
Yes thats what I just pasted. not advertised moped for spares yet, But dont really know what to sell for, as I cant prove to people it will run with a battery, as I dont have 1 to show them. if I did I would be selling it for lots more.

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
I've got a Liitokala battery although bought from a different store, Liitokala Direct or something. I knew when I bought it that if there were problems down the line I'd probably have to resort to a credit card claim. My battery is also 21700 based, 48V 15Ah and I paid I think about £92 for it including VAT and delivery. Looks like now it is £133 plus VAT a huge increase over just a few months. My topcashback cashback has just been confirmed so getting £4-5 there. I'm restricting current output to extend the battery pack life and reduce the likelihood of the pack developing a fault.

So many Liitokala shops it seems, many perhaps are using Liitokala cells but assembling the batteries themselves or possibly just reselling them. Lots of Chinese trade houses resell factory capacity by placing large orders and then reselling in lower quantities.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I've got a Liitokala battery although bought from a different store, Liitokala Direct or something. I knew when I bought it that if there were problems down the line I'd probably have to resort to a credit card claim. My battery is also 21700 based, 48V 15Ah and I paid I think about £92 for it including VAT and delivery. Looks like now it is £133 plus VAT a huge increase over just a few months. My topcashback cashback has just been confirmed so getting £4-5 there. I'm restricting current output to extend the battery pack life and reduce the likelihood of the pack developing a fault.

So many Liitokala shops it seems, many perhaps are using Liitokala cells but assembling the batteries themselves or possibly just reselling them. Lots of Chinese trade houses resell factory capacity by placing large orders and then reselling in lower quantities.
Well my battery was a 48V 30Ah and cost me £176 and it was delivered 5.11.2021 and just lasted 8 months. what happened it just stopped 500 yards from my home, so was very lucky there. and the charge was at 49.7V when it should be 54V but it just wont charge up no more, due to 2 dead cells as tested the BMS with Nealh help. so now battery is ready to be dumped.

been a long journey as It was a erider electric moped model 15. you will see I spent a lot of time and money fixing it. Now it has to be sold as spares. even though a new battery will be fine for it. But Ive spent enough money and time on it. just search electric moped here and you will see all my posts on it.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
My suggestion is to buy another battery with branded cells this time.