Bafang 36v or 48v BBS01b 250w mid-drive full kit - lowest price ever? - £230 inc. shipped from UK

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Was browsing Aliexpress and stumbled on this deal. Already run this kit on one of my bikes, but at this price, I decided to buy one as a spare, or for a future project. I purchased my last kit from this seller, and no issues, so was comfortable buying again. Shipped from their UK warehouse, mine just arrived 4 days after ordering. No duty/tax etc to pay.

A few conditions to get this price, (although still the best price by far even without fee free credit card and topcashback)

1. go through topcashback.co.uk, sign up if you haven't already got an account, they offer 5% cashback with Aliexpress. Once clicked through from Topcashback..
2. replace URL with https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32976874713.html? in browser
3. Select options required (500C-H display), and either 36v or 48v version, and select ship from China
4. Apply discount code 8AESELETED19 at checkout ($19 discount)
5. Also pay for the item in $ using a commission/fee free credit card.

This price is ONLY for the full kit with the 500C-H display, everything you need (bar a battery), all other display options are much more expensive. The seller ships from the UK despite selecting China, mine delivered by DPD. Plenty of freebies included in the kit, including Bafang install spanner, headlight, crank puller tool etc.

Hope this helps someone

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Some sellers advertising dispatch from China do seem to send from the UK - I ordered two Bagang headlights from Junstar via Amazon recently, fully expecting to receive them within a couple of weeks, and they turned up two days later. If they advertised UK dispatch, they'd make far more UK sales - I wonder why they don't?

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Interestingly the 48v one is also listed as 250w and appears to be 15a as well.

Reactions: guerney

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Interestingly the 48v one is also listed as 250w and appears to be 15a as well.
I thought the 48v version of the bbs01 was rated at 350w, or did they do a 250w version ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Egroover can you work your magic and find a 48v 250w Tongsheng at those prices ?
The best I have found is one for £319.

Reactions: Bikes4two

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Egroover can you work your magic and find a 48v 250w Tongsheng at those prices ?
Seems to be plenty of deals on the 48v 500/750w version (pswpower etc), but not so with the 250w version, enerprof.de seem the only resonably priced supplier which is probably what you have already found..will let you know if I find a deal

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks egroover, yes I did see the enerprof ones and also a china uk warehouse seller, but none at silly low prices like the BBS. Until you posted that one I wasn't aware of the 48v 250w BBS01.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The model i received was sold as bbs01 250watt but is a bbs02 48v 500watt model but the sticker in the box as a free gift is 36v 250w

• Informative
Reactions: Nealh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The model i received was sold as bbs01 250watt but is a bbs02 48v 500watt model but the sticker in the box as a free gift is 36v 250w
What does it's engraving say? Did you get it on Alibaba from Greenenergy?

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
Alternatively you could buy a 250w 36v TSDZ2 from PSW Power, shipped from their German warehouse (no additional taxes and delivered in around a week) for around 320 USD. It is the same motor as the 48v one - you just need to get a handle on the Open Source Firmware and run the Configurator and set the voltage to 48V - job done (if you're into that sort of thing :rolleyes: )

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Sold on DH gate the engrave shows as bbs02 500w cost £345 box re - seller does not have clue what contents in the box
The 36 v tsdz2 at 20 amps should fry an egg quickly :eek:the controller does not have much of a heat sink only an air gap inside the case check the ES thread before committing [hated the 36v 250watt version]

• Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Was browsing Aliexpress and stumbled on this deal. Already run this kit on one of my bikes, but at this price, I decided to buy one as a spare, or for a future project. I purchased my last kit from this seller, and no issues, so was comfortable buying again. Shipped from their UK warehouse, mine just arrived 4 days after ordering. No duty/tax etc to pay.

A few conditions to get this price, (although still the best price by far even without fee free credit card and topcashback)

1. go through topcashback.co.uk, sign up if you haven't already got an account, they offer 5% cashback with Aliexpress. Once clicked through from Topcashback..
2. replace URL with https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32976874713.html? in browser
3. Select options required (500C-H display), and either 36v or 48v version, and select ship from China
4. Apply discount code 8AESELETED19 at checkout ($19 discount)
5. Also pay for the item in $ using a commission/fee free credit card.

This price is ONLY for the full kit with the 500C-H display, everything you need (bar a battery), all other display options are much more expensive. The seller ships from the UK despite selecting China, mine delivered by DPD. Plenty of freebies included in the kit, including Bafang install spanner, headlight, crank puller tool etc.

Hope this helps someone

View attachment 44543

How on earth did you find this deal?!?!? It'd be stellar if it works!

What's the difference between "Brake Lever" and "Brake Sensor" options? I thought brake levers contained sensors.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
brake lever (sensors integral) for cable brakes , brake sensors for Hydraulic.

• Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
This is soooo tempting! I've been thinking about getting a much better donor bike with more room for double chainwheels, but I can't for the life of me think of why I'd want to go any faster anyway - my normal 20mph is scary enough... It's youthful habit probably, and now long since inappropriate. Also no longer survivable lol.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not sure that 20 relates to current as this is on the rhs at 15a.

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
.........The 36 v tsdz2 at 20 amps should fry an egg quickly :eek:the controller does not have much of a heat sink only an air gap inside the case check the ES thread before committing [hated the 36v 250watt version]
Hi Peter,
  • Out of interest, why did you hate the 36v 250w?
  • The ES forum has quite a lot to say about the TSDZ2 heat problem and different folks have fitted temperature sensors and additional heat sinks to help mitigate the issue.
  • What is never clear though is where those suffering the heat problem are (in terms of their local climate/temperatures) and what power they are using the TSDZ2 for, e.g. 36v 250w or 48v 750w and indeed how much 'assist' is being asked for.
  • As a recent adopter of the TSDZ2 as in the last 3 weeks) I shall be very interested in how warm the motor gets in the UK summer - do you have an experiences of this?
  • Personally I've set my max current at 15A which works for me and wil obviously lessen the heat buildup
  • If of course heat buildup becomes an issue in our UK climate, then running at 48v might be a useful step before faffing about with a temperature sensor and heat sinks?
Any views anyone?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The 36v 250w out of the box lacks power and labours when pressed on a hill ,far less assist unless in turbo and pushing hard on the pedal the power band is narrow mine drew very little current about 8 amps 13 max it ran hot if the outer case is hot the controller is to hot to touch

The 48 v at 18 amps is better but still makes to much heat in the summer it got very hot had to stop and cool down .Even my special order from ECO cycles fat bike 120mm bb motor at 20 amps got far too hot even when running the pre loaded os software, it could not handle the 30 inch dia tyres even with a smaller chain ring Found the 750watt rating to be more like peak power and do not mention the decline /variable build quality that was the final straw for me

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Just out of interest are the tongsheng's engraved like the bafang's or do they just have a sticker ?