Bafang 750w Cheapest UK Price

Cathal

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2016
I'm looking to buy the Bafang 750W with a battery pack 11.3ah.

Where can I get it from in the UK for cheapest?

How much could I save getting it from abroad such as Alibaba?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I'm looking to buy the Bafang 750W with a battery pack 11.3ah.

Where can I get it from in the UK for cheapest?

How much could I save getting it from abroad such as Alibaba?
I wouldn't try and save money by buying directly from China.

Long delivery times, issues with customs and potential lack of warranty could taint your e-biking experience.

Try Eclipse Bikes. They might not be the cheapest, but they are based in the UK and I have bought a BBS02 kit and battery from them with no problems.

Click this link to go to their website

Cathal

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2016
Done. I was thinking of ordering from them, they seemed like best supplier for me. Actually did work out to be the cheapest supplier that I could find that will delivery relatively fast, anything foreign has to pay ridiculous transport fees of appoximately £100 if it includes a battery, making UK based purchases more affordable in comparison.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Actually did work out to be the cheapest supplier that I could find that will delivery relatively fast, anything foreign has to pay ridiculous transport fees of appoximately £100 if it includes a battery, making UK based purchases more affordable in comparison.
Add to that nasty import duties and carrier fees and it doesn't make financial sense to buy from China anymore.

There used to be a time when a Chinese supplier would mark the package with a low price, to lessen import duty for the buyer. These days, customs have got wind of that little trick and tend to open packages which they think contain high value goods.

Tomtomato

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
These days, customs have got wind of that little trick and tend to open packages which they think contain high value goods.
As if they had the staff or time...

If it's a large box and heavy package, with a very low declared value, maybe, but otherwise, no.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
GSM is almost equivalent to the BBS02. The design is almost identical.

Just plug a cheap sine wave controller at 48V 20A and you have your BBS02 equivalent at a much cheaper price.

The only worry would be the access to parts, but as woosh are local it shouldn't be too hard.

Reactions: Kinninvie

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
How much would a BSM that is close to 48V 750W BBS02 cost? I've purchased BBS02 750W with 11.6Ah battery for £673.85 including delivery with http://eclipsebikes.com.
Stick with the Bafang. Spare parts are plentiful. It's proven to be pretty reliable.
Knowledge on maintenance is plentiful. The controller can be easily tuned or detuned, depending on user requirements. Controller is built in, plus if you get one with the uprated FET's, very reliable.

Highly likely yours will have the uprated FET's ;)

Cathal

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2016
Stick with the Bafang. Spare parts are plentiful. It's proven to be pretty reliable.
Knowledge on maintenance is plentiful. The controller can be easily tuned or detuned, depending on user requirements. Controller is built in, plus if you get one with the uprated FET's, very reliable.

Highly likely yours will have the uprated FET's ;)
Yeah, it sure does (http://eclipsebikes.com/bafang-8fun-bbs02-drive-750w-motor-p-1100.html)

Eagerly awaiting its arrival now. Scoping market for a good bike now.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I got a new Cannondale Trail 6 for mine.
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/trail-6-29er-2014-mountain-bike-ec053947
Only £350 and 8 speed with a 34 tooth granny cog for the uphills and good hydraulic brakes for the downhills.
Fitted an NCX suspension seatpost for comfort.
That's a really nice bike for the price. Amazing what the £300 - £400 bracket can get you these days.

I would never go back to rim brakes after using hydraulics. They really have been maintenance free in over 1500 miles, and as I found out yesterday, excellent in the wet :)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I would never go back to rim brakes after using hydraulics. They really have been maintenance free in over 1500 miles, and as I found out yesterday, excellent in the wet :)
Hydraulic rim brakes even?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
How much would a BSM that is close to 48V 750W BBS02 cost? I've purchased BBS02 750W with 11.6Ah battery for £673.85 including delivery with http://eclipsebikes.com.
Cathal, the GSM could, when pushed to the limit, about matching the BBS02 18A 48V 500W in power but will be very much less powerful than the BBS02 750W that you've set your heart on. I'd say that the GSM is roughly where the BBS01 18A 350W is on the power scale but it's actually specify for 250W to stay road legal.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Don`t rule out China,

<-- my BBS02 750W mtb conversion with a 13aH Battery inc. shipping came in at £550. Import duties via FedEx @ £26 = Total £576. From BTN, they`ll be cheaper now that the new 1000W HD version is selling.

Now you`re far from finished there, i reckon before you`re done you won`t have much left out of £1K.
You`re now at a price point where you will have a lot of competition if you want to make a profit.