Bafang BBS01b light output cable: front and rear lights in series or parallel?

• Thread starter Deleted member 33385
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 33385

Should I connect both front and rear lights to the motor cable for lights, or run one from the motor and the other from the Bafang C18 USB output? Can I get away with parallel or series without damaging the controller, when connected to the motor cable?

Front light:

Rear light:

D

Deleted member 33385

Looks like that cable from the motor for the light is only 500ma, at least it was on the BBS01. Not a lot of current. I might connect the rear light to the C18 controller for a brighter headlight.

D

Deleted member 33385

Oh dear, have I bought the wrong lights? They've just arrived - what sort of fuse did you install? Will these two lights, wired to the motor 6V output damage or overtax the controller in the motor? The headlight is 9W/6V, the rear is 6V with unknown wattage. There is no Bafang BSS01b manual anywhere on the internet! I've looked and drawn a complete blank - have they upgraded the output of that 6v wire for lights? Is there an internal fuse in the motor controller for that output?

D

Deleted member 33385

Nah! NASA, interfering with the robots on Mars.
Otherwise nothing special, not mega bright.
Lol. It's a good strategy: Drivers can't hurt you if they've gone blind!

The wires coming out of the motor are both black! No red/black etc. Black's all I got for wires both! LEDs don't seem to like incorrect polarity in my experience - they die faster. I've got a measuring box somewhere somewhere... At times like this, I wish I knew less about old databases and more about electronics...

D

Deleted member 33385

Just in case anyone else is wondering how to determine positive and negative, when faced with two wires of the same colour, after stumbling upon this thread through a Google search (this website does crop up a lot, which is very useful):

Those lights are just about sufficient to qualify as lights. There is no control over the lens on the front light. Disappointing. I was hoping to dazzle drivers. These lights will do until I can work out how fry driver's eyeballs with superbright monster crees.

Last edited: